What's YOUR favorite race? (updated again and cleared again)

not to criticize your opinion, but Tribe has a huge hull bonus. I think the hull integrity is doubled, but i’m not sure. i may have to check.

EDIT: I’m sure. the tribe has a 100% hull bonus, much more than the federation.

Problem with the Tribe is, all of those hull hitpoints are your module hitpoints. Unless you put armor/shields on (which the Tribe is not really built for), the ‘no repair modules’ spatial anomaly means that every point of damage you take is reducing your effectiveness.

true, but all those hitpoints given by the modules are multiplied by 2.

my favorite is the rebels, mainly because they look good but also partially because the little speed boost all there hulls seem to have helps my ships be fast enough to visibly move, most of my ships have really slow engines and heavy moduals so unless the game is speed up barely seem to move at all, so the extra speed helps. also my fighters need to be fast to not get shot.

so yeah, rebels are clearly better than all of you (kidding)

hm, the Rebels and the Order are tied at 9, but some of the other races are close to that number. I wonder who will get to 20 first? :wink:

that’s because they’re new and unique. I think the Rebs might win.

I might argue the Order is scoring so high also due to the fact that they are pretty effective. But they do have some respectable novelty value, yes. :slight_smile:

Aha! Rebels are first to 10. I wonder if it will stay like that for long…

I wonder if it’s because there are so many battles against them.

I voted for the Order. The Order seem to be able to deal with the Tribe, and then have difficulty with the other races. This makes them kind of quirky, and thus more interesting.

The radiation gun is one of the best weapons in the game.

The Firefly rocket is fairly effective as well.

They’ve got a pretty fast, 75-point laser fighter they can build. The speed is 2.49.

That radiation gun though; it really pounds the target cruisers. It just keeps dealing damage. The more hits it scores, the more damage continues to be generated by the ‘spreading radiation.’

Overall, the order don’t have the best hulls, but that radiation gun is special.

edit: The Order has a small cruiser hull - 10/6 - with +17% shields, and no speed penalty, but with -9% armour. Their other cruiser hulls are more expensive, and are either 10/7 or 11/7; with reduced speed, and armour or hull integrity bonuses.

I believe all 4 of their cruiser hulls have a power output bonus.

Of their 3 heavier cruiser hulls, it’s tough to make them really speedy. The light cruiser is kind of cramped for space at 10/6.

The frigate hulls seem to be fairly workmanlike.

The Order seem to have difficulty competing at times, with all of the other races. The radiation gun sure is interesting, though.

The nuclear missile isn’t very effective.

My favorite are the Rebels, first i chose them for they look, but somehow, i found some configurations that i like, and are working for me.

Also i use Order quite often, primarily for their look, as i still doesn’t found some solid configurations, that are working as i would expect. But i like their asymmetric look.

just the tribe, because i like the look of there ships. I only have the demo.

looks like the rebels are in the lead again! so from what i can gather, people love 2 things:

Radiation weapons, and fast ships. :stuck_out_tongue:

err…bump

I didn’t vote as I’ve only used the Federation and the Alliance so far. I’ve unlocked them all, but haven’t moved on from the Alliance as I’m really enjoying them as an upgrade from the Federation. I’m surprised the Alliance doesn’t get more love here. The Python Cruiser has more weapon slots than any ship in the game and only the Praetorian Cruiser has more overall slots. The Cobra has more slots than any other frigate in the game. The Tarantula is a capably fast fighter. I feel like I’m doing reasonably well in the stock scenarios and challenges. Maybe they just suit my style? Or maybe I’m still in the blissfully ignorant stage of the game where I don’t yet know what I don’t know? What’s the downside of the Alliance?

The gigantic Empire Hasta has 15 slots.

At any rate, the primary Alliance stat is armor, the mechanic of which is in a questionable state. Their airforce lacks diversity and is probably in the bottom three.

I like them and use them for ‘innovation’ fleets, although things usually turn out better if I recreate the idea with a new race.

I voted for the Rebels since I use them the most. I’d say it’s because I like their ship design the most, though it would be nice to see them given another race specific weapon.

oh yeah, BTW once a new expansion pack is released I will disregard this topic and create a new one. the scores will be erased. Cliff said he’s almost finished up with the next expansion, so if you haven’t voted yet, you better do it now! Also, the next topic will have mod races included :stuck_out_tongue:

in fact is out already

i know, I didn’t notice until now. DISREGARD THIS TOPIC FROM NOW ON.