When I first saw GTB...

What did you think when you first say GTB? What happened when you first saw the words “Gratuitous Tank Battles”?

When I first saw it, I thought it was an April Fools joke.

Then I realized it was past April 1st.

I thought of this name before, because he hinted at it in prevous blog entries, for example the tank exhibition stuff (that was the most obvious one) and the previous hints where you had some part of a German tank (which was identified in one of the comments), and the author of “Fatherland” to hint to the fact that it is an alternate history game. Pretty cool, actually!
By the way, I’ll definitely check this game out, maybe join the beta if he starts one like with GSB (I was in the GSB beta, posted bug reports, suggestions etc. here).

Well, the first time that i saw GTB was like:

-OMG a new game?!
types www.gratuitoustankbattles.com trying to find the homepage
-A ground tower defense game??? Ow… no more spaceships… oh well…
looks at pics
-waitasecond, that Fx… its the same of GSB!!, if it is based on gsb, maybe it has a similar module/weapon coding system! >:D
Nice graphics btw…

When I first saw this game I thought it might play out in some ways similar to BattleTech: The Crescent Hawks’ Revenge, but with the GSB AI and unit creation.

To me, that’s a good thing, and I’ll be interested in GTB.

Yeah, Crescent Hawk’s Revenge was great. It was the first real time strategy game as far as I know (before Dune 2, and also made by Westwood). Hehe, I played Crescent Hawk’s Inception on the C64, and Crescent Hawk’s Revenge several years later. I’m a big Battletech fan. So it’s pretty nice GTB has mechs.