Where to find tank sprites??

I’m going to start working on a tank war mod, but I can’t find any sprites. :frowning:

help?

Sorry, I hit the same problem

While i was trolling for images for my mods, I came across this site 3drt.com/
Its worth a look, Great stuff - but its outta my price range :frowning:
(And if you could animate the graphics, you could have mechs too)

If i come across any free material, i will let you know.

here some Sprite, just need to get rid of the background, Covers WW1, WW2, Coldwar etc…
http://www.juniorgeneral.org/load.php?Period=10#World

thanks, I’ll see what I can do with them. :slight_smile:

EDIT: I decided to use Jake Wedding’s suggested sprites, because the 3d art has only one top-down tank as I can see. Thanks, Jake. Now all I need is a way to get rid of those turrets…

but the airplanes I can use without difficulty :slight_smile:

maybe you should try and get some sprites from Warhammer 40k
i suspect you`d want to have some huge tanks with more than 1 or 2 turrets… WH40k has insane tanks with dozens of guns on them :stuck_out_tongue:

ah, but I need a picture of a tank WITHOUT a gun. if the sprite has guns on it, they won’t fire, they aren’t actual turrets, and they don’t turn. it would look very weird. and if i use actual turrets on the tanks with non-moving turrets, it would, again, look very weird. :frowning:

well,you could rip it off some game which has the two as separate models… like earth 2140/2150
other than that… hard to find some like these i guess

I’ve FINALLY finished my first ship: The Focke Wulf! I’m WAAAAAAAAAY far from finished, but it’s a start. It’s taking a lot longer this time because I’m actually working out damage spots, turret places, etc. this time. I just had my first dogfight, five planes on each side. It was awesome :slight_smile:

lol nice, keep it up :stuck_out_tongue:
you could also add fixed AT guns or halftracks and such :slight_smile:

If you’re looking for WW2 military stuff, check Steel panthers World at war, over there.

that’s what I want to do, but again, I do not know how to make them fixed and able to fire. anyway, P-51 Mustang is now finished. :slight_smile:

I also got the theme for the new race, MADE the new race, and made a new module. However, I won’t tell you what the are yet :wink:

you can only know the names of the units that are finished.

thanks, I’ll check the files to see if there’s anything good I can use xD

WAIT! I CAME UP WITH AN AWESOME IDEA!!!

Well, until I find a tank base without a turret. Make the actual tank sprite invisible, then make the turret look like a full tank. However I won’t start doing THAT until I’m finished with the airplanes, and I can’t find any other way to do it. Although he’ll probably tell us how before my mod is finished, I cannot release my mod until Cliff tells us how to make a fixed background.

Oh, great. Now I can’t find a good “Bomb-dropping” sound for my B-17 Flying Fortress and the bombing module to go with it. Hm…

Oy, I’m gonna start a new topic for this now, you can forget this one :wink: