Which edition to buy: Mac or PC?

I stumbled upon the demo for this game a couple of days ago and I’m pretty sure I’m going to buy it. Since I’m on a Mac (running both Mac OS X and Windows), one important question stands in my way: should I buy the Mac or PC edition of the game? Or, if I got licensed for both versions (as Positech and Red Marble have so generously allowed), which one should I run?

If I ran the PC version, I’d probably run it through CrossOver Games most of the time for the sake of convenience. I don’t know for sure that it would be bug-free, but my instinct says that there wouldn’t be any problems, since Democracy 2 is not a graphics-intensive game.

The two deciding factors, as far as I know, would be modifiability and support. I’m not sure that mods are easily used with the Mac version, although I suspect that they are (right-click, “Show Package Contents”, etc.) I’m more concerned about support. The Mac demo reads 1.11 in the upper-right-hand corner of the main menu, which leads me to suspect that the full game isn’t updated as frequently as the PC version.

Does anyone have any advice about this?