Windows problem - help mere :)

So i have GSB on my mac, decided to put it on my windows as well now so i can get all of these funky mods people have made.

however each time i open up GSB on my windows i have a error message pop up straight away saying “GSB.exe has stopped working” claiming theres a problem with the program.

What can I do to fix this…?

Thanks

OH FYI, I have seen the sticky on this support area, however I have tried doing what it says but doesn’t work

Few questions:

• Which version of GSB do you have: Mac or PC
  • Is there anything in the debug files that give any more information ? (ie My Games\GSB\debug)

Windows, current version (only downloaded it other day)

Errors.txt
"12/1/2012 - 11: : 2 - Ship Hull not found -> Home1 Hull:…\src\SIM_Shiphull.cpp 503

Debug file:

----DEBUG FILE----
Windows Vista detected
GSB Debug File. App version Full 1.59
Desktop resolution is 1280 x 800
Initialising Direct3D
Initialising global vertex buffer
creating render targets
success in initialising 3D
Initialising Direct Input
Finished Initialising Direct Input
Failed to open ini file: C:\Users\Munchkin\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/tutorial_seen.ini
Initialising Sound Engine
Initialised Sound System with 512 channels

Finished Initialising Sound Engine

Looks like you have found the problem

Question:

• Did you have any mods that you have recently uninstalled ?

The game is calling for a ship that uses the Home1 hull and it cant find it.

• the ship design either belongs to you and can be found here \My Documents\My Games\GratuitousSpaceBattles\ships
    or
  • the hull belongs to a mod (no idea which one)

Depending on where the file that is calling for the hull Home1 will determine your next action

Well I had installed the game once with all the expansion packs and it worked, installed a few mods as well. But there was one which bugged me so I decided to uninstall it and remove folders (once uninstall was complete).

Then re-installed it and this is now what I get.

What should I do to fix it?

Based on your description i would say that you have a ship design located in \My Documents\My Games\GratuitousSpaceBattles\ships which is requesting the hull Home1 - since that particular hull file does not exist, the game crashes. . .

Assuming that my guess is correct.
Delete that ship design file located in \My Documents\My Games\GratuitousSpaceBattles\ships which is asking for the mod hull file Home1. (The ship design file will be easily identified as the text file that contains hull = Home1)

If you cant be bothered looking for that particular ship design file or files . . . Delete them ALL.

FIXED!

Thanks a lot, :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

We are the Community Mod Squad
Assistance is Friendly :]