[WIP MOD] The Ancient Powers

Long ago, there was Aegyptus. It was a huge empire that covered multiple galaxies. With their advanced black hole and antimatter technology, they could get to any place in the universe… Instantly. Nothing could stop them. Then… the Battle of Scarabia IV. Scarabia IV was Aegyptus’s main center for black hole building and research. A last desperate pocket of the Aegyptusians’ worst enemy, the Amazonians, mounted a huge attack. The entire planet was destroyed in the massive battle. The black holes from the planet and Aegyptusian ships combined to form a Rift. Through that rift came The Krystalsisians. They are a race of crystal with ships grown from crystal seeds on moons and asteroids cut into precise shapes. They posess high-powered energy weapons. Aegyptus was destroyed by the massive energy burst except for a small pocket, who have launched a new resurgence to take back what is rightfully theirs.

Right now Aegyptus is being re-done.
Amazonians are progress, most other races have been planned out.

These downloads are the older version, just so you know.

VERSION 0.162 MAC DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?l2jcmqg6mgf59d3
unzip and follow the readme

VERSION 0.162 WINDOWS DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xsk8u6v4owehrpy
unzip and follow the readme

Try doing a selection of the outer edges of the ships that have that black outline- then, feather the selection- then, do a colour to alpha (black). That will make the ships look better when in a lighter background like the one that you are using for your preview pics. Send me the sprites as .png format if you want me to do it for you.

He cant do that, cuz he will “alpha” parts of the ship that is not needed to remove. Actually i think the ships are ok, no edge remove is needed.

Aout the crash, maybe u are not using the last patches of the game. I cant remember wat version of the game fixes the crashes of big ships, but thats the issue. The game crashes on big ships, cuz u dont have the last version of the game.

the not-so-good look of the ships may have to do with the fact that I converted the images to a lower quality for posting. But I will see about touching up on them.
But are the ships original enough? I based them off rebel cruisers and mostly removed parts and added paint. I want to know if they look unique.

Woah, nice ships, i really like them, continue this great work please! :smiley:

Thanks! Here are the Isis-Class Frigate and Nile-Class Fighters:

The fighters have a weird shape and I need to take out that little floating dot, but they have a good speedboost so they shoot around the battlefield and look good.
Yes, I know the frigate needs the hardpoints changed! Its a WIP, I haven’t even started Krystalsis, the Chaots, the Cleaners, and the Amazonians. But I do have many of their bonusses:
-Aegyptus:
–Big, slow, powerful cruisers.
–5 cruisers, 2 frigates, 1 fighter hull.
–Black hole drives, antimatter beams, red matter missiles, and gamma rays.

-Krystalsis:
–Crystal ships with solar sails.
–High-power energy weapons.
–Ships produce all of their own energy, but are very delicate and have little armor available.

-Chaots:
–Virus ships made from infected hulls of the core races plus my ones.
–Organic weapons like the Parasite, a missile that does gradual damage to ships over time, and the Poison missile that does heavy damage but is very slow.
–Ships are very, very sluggish (is it possible to have a negative speed boost?)

-Cleaners:
–I came up with the idea before I saw the Uni-T mod, but the cleaners have many similarities to Uni-T.
–Very simple, clean ships that have smooth line and their turrets are just circles so that they don’t appear to move at all, just the laser.
–High power UV Beam weapons that kill cells. Very energy intensive but cheap and devastating.

-Amazonians:
–Ballistic weapons only (machine guns, railguns, etc.), with nuclear missiles.
–Asymmetrical ships (kind of like Order, but smaller and more parts with different color, maybe greenish-brown?)
–Not very technically advanced, but have cheap weak ships that you can deploy lots of. And I mean lots of.

-Coalition:
–Very diverse, no particular strengths, good all around.
–Different kinds of weapons, including ballistic, energy, and thermonuclear.
–Contains ships from Star Trek, Babylon 5, and Battlestar Galactica. Possibly Star Wars.

Those are the plans, but I need help with turrets. I can’t get mine to work.

This looks really REALLY nice. Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Very nice descriptions and story, i cant wait for the Krystalsis, i posted the idea of a cristal based race some time ago but no one applied it, im very happy now :smiley:
Oh just one thing, be carefull with the ship names, many egyptian names are already taken by the Swarm.

Niiiiiceee. Good work witht the story. Methinks cleaners = Uni-t? :smiley:

I don’t have the Swarm (or any xpacks for that matter I want to too, but my mom is against any more computer games even if I buy with my own money), so I’ll have to look around for a list. But that sucks :(, I thought that an Egyptian theme had not been previously used. Oh well. Also I am using a Battlestar Galactica Valkyrie Hull for the Coalition, unfortunately it shares a name with a rebel cruiser. Is this okay or should I find a new hull?

And yes, they are like Uni-T, but I swear I came up with the Cleaners and the name before I saw Uni-T!

UPDATE: I have finished 1 aegyptus weapons module, the antimatter beam! Well, its 90% done. I just need to tweak the sprite a little. And Very soon I will have finished the red matter missile series.

There are some really good race fleets pictures with the names, i cant find them, but they will help you a lot, somewere in this forum…

All right I’ll explore a bit. In the mean time I will come up with a list of modules for Aegyptus:

Unique Weapons:
Antimatter Beam I; Powerful, not much shield penetration, high power usage
Antimatter Beam II;" "
Gamma Ray; Lots of energy, very powerful, very expensive
Red Matter Missile I; lots of fuel, devastating attack, expensive.
Red Matter Missile II;" "
Red Matter Missile III;" "
Red Matter Missile IV;" "
Red Matter Missile V;" "

Unique Defenses:
Antimatter Armor; Annihilates incoming projectiles and absorbs energy, but this means high absorbance but fast degeneration.
Osirium Hull; Super heavy but super strong in every way. Medium cost
Osirium Dragonscale Armor; Stronger and lighter that Osirium Armor, but twice as expensive.
Magnetic Shield; Low resistance, cheap, but very strong.

Unique ‘Other’:
Black Hole engine I; Good thrust, rather expensive, not so heavy. Uses much electricity.
Black Hole engines II;" "
Antimatter generator I; Very expensive, lightweight, high output. Very high output.
Antimatter generator II;" "
Antimatter generator III;" "

If I think of any more I will post :slight_smile:

If you want to be critical about race concepts, Uni-T and the Cleaners are also like:

• Borg (star trek)
  • Zerg (starcraft)
  • Beast (Homeworld:Cataclysm)

If you search this forum, the idea of creating a “assimilating” race is quite common.
Where i made Uni-T unique and Wasabi of IP can make the Cleaners unique is in the ships, weapons, senarios and the general experiance the player has when they play the mod.

Exactly. Here is a general description of the Cleaner Ships: Imagine the Infinite Improbability ship from Hitchhiker’s guide to the Galaxy. They will look kind of like that, plus turrets. The Cleaners are not looking to add ships or races to themselves. They seek to ‘purify’ the universe through violent warfare and establish themselves as the only intelligent life.

This might help- I’ll post the ship names that are already taken by the Swarm:

• Amun
  • Anubis
  • Bastet
  • Hathor
  • Horus
  • Isis
  • Osiris
  • Ra
  • Sekhmet
  • Seth
  • Qirqas
  • Abutig
  • Akhmim
  • Akoris
  • Alamein
  • Alexandria
  • Amarna
  • Ansena
  • Arish
  • Aswan
  • Asyut
  • Balyana
  • Hasan
  • Mazar
  • Suef
  • Cairo
  • Cusae
  • Dairut
  • Dakhla
  • Damanhur
  • Damietta
  • Bersha
  • Mawas
  • Dendera
  • Disuq
  • Faiyum
  • Fateh
  • Ghanayem
  • Girga
  • Giza
  • Hamrah
  • Helwan
  • Hermopolis
  • Hurghada
  • Idwa
  • Ismaïlia
  • Kafr
  • Kharga
  • Kom
  • Luxor
  • Maghagha
  • Mahalla
  • Mallawi
  • Manfalut
  • Manzala
  • Mansoura
  • Maragha
  • Matai
  • Marsa
  • Matareya
  • Minya
  • MitGhamr
  • NagHammadi
  • Noubarya
  • Oxyrhynchus
  • Safaga
  • Said
  • Rosetta
  • Samalut
  • Sedfa
  • Siwah
  • Senbellawein
  • Sharm
  • ShibinElKom
  • Shibin
  • Shubra
  • Sohag
  • Suez
  • Taba
  • Tahta
  • Tanta
  • Tima
  • Zagazig
  • Zifta

These are just SHIP names, not hull names, correct?

yup, swarm does not have that many hulls :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT:

here is the swarm hull names:

Amun Fighter
Anubis Frigate
Bastet Cruiser
Hathor Frigate
Horus Frigate
Isis Cruiser
Osiris Cruiser
Ra Cruiser
Sekhmet Cruiser
Seth Fighter

WTF, there are not so many ships!
Oh wait, did you posted the crew names?

Oh, come ON!!! I already made the Isis frigate, Ra cruiser, Set (same as Seth) cruiser, Horus Battlecruiser, and I was planning on Sekhmet and Osiris cruisers. Ugh. What should I do?! I could change 1 hull to Nephthys, goddess of death, but the others… ugh. And its not like I can change their theme. They’re AEGYPTUS, for goodness’ sake. Suggestions?

I posted both the ship names and hull names…