[WORKAROUND]Cannot Update Mod In Steam

Now that I have made my mod and submitted it to the workshop, I cannot select it and update it through the game. What’s going on?

1 Like

Talk to you tomorrow I guess. lol

1 Like

Sure, no prob.

TLDR: In short, if you own both steam and non-steam versions of D4 and you want to mod the game from the in-game system, then delete your Democracy 4 folder under “My Documents” and then run the Steam version. After doing this, do not run the non-steam version as long as you’re working on your mod. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future.

As an update to all, purging (deleting) your Democracy 4 folder under “My Documents” solves this problem. If this change is unrelated to the most current update version (v 1.44), then the explanation is that having a Democracy 4 folder in “My Documents” when you have purchased and run both the non-steam and steam version of D4, then it seems that even your Steam version of D4 defaults to the non-moddability of the game through the in-game modding system which is present in the non-steam version of D4. This hopefully should be fixed, but if not, it’ll probably be fixed if in-game modding is enabled in the non-steam D4. If this does not fix the problem, then there should be an independent fix for this made.

1 Like

I am not certain this pinpoints the cause - basically I’ve noticed that stuff in the Democracy4 my documents/my games can break the game. It seems to be caused by mods but I am not exactly sure what but yeah I always just rename the folder then re-replace my settings and re-add my mods lol.

1 Like

Yeah, I have no vlue where this is in the documents folder.

Be sure to save your mod, or move it to another folder before you delete your documents folder!