[Yoma] New Race ( ^-^)

Agreed fully. The new interceptor is especially sweet.

i am curious on what “yoma” means, so i did some googling

first i found that there was a jewish holiday that was called “yoma” but it didnt make any sense…

then i found a japanese translation which is “monster” or someting like that. since it says that you like the japanese languige on your profile, i went for that.

http://claymore.wikia.com/wiki/Yoma is this what you mean with “yoma” ?

hehe, thank you sir! ( ^ ^)

( ^ - ^)b well researched sir, if I had a hat I’d take it off to you :wink: , yes that is sort of what I had in mind, check out the eye… :smiley: (although I changed the colour for mine). You are quite correct, ‘Yoma’ (emphasis on the O, sorta drawn out kinda like in ‘oh’, but not quite), or 妖魔 in Japanese, is variously translated as ghost, apparation, daemon, monster etc… and the Claymore anime (one of my favourites btw!) is the first time I came across the usage.

I’m a big fan of Japanese language and have been studying it almost three years now, currently at intermediate level and hoping to get fluent one day ^^

round of applause @ ponyus

Dang nice ships :smiley: cant wait to load those baby s up with torpedoes :smiley:

Hi everyone ^^

Well I’ve been occupied for the last 3 weeks with a family visit from overseas so haven’t really had time to work on new ships and so on… at least until this weekend :smiley:

Here’s a new design, opinions please ^^

Not settled on class either yet… Probably a cruiser I guess, though not sure yet… :wink:

Here’s another one, based on the previous design.

I was also toying with the idea of making it a carrier or something…

On this screenshot you can see I’ve added some of the Raptor fighters to the sides of the ship (a few are circled). The idea is that they’re supposed to look like they’re waiting on landing pads. Compare the ones on the ship to the actual fighters flying near it… I think the size is about right ^^;

Very awesome ships, i definitely love every one of them :smiley:

Here’s something else I’ve been playing with today… sorta thinking about a spacestation kinda thing… although there’s a limit to how big I can make it :frowning:

Again I’ve based it on one of the previous designs (2 posts up, the ‘Sabre’). It’s a WIP, haven’t sorted out weapons yet, and not sure if I’ll add actual engines or not as I like the design as it is and would say that the engines are hidden beneath it (like Atlantis in SGA ^^). Will see how it goes, may or may not use this design… hmm… (¬ ¬ )

Oh my gawd, ditto my last comment with this station!
Suggestion: If you want a more symetric center copy one half of that circular section, paste and mirror it :wink:
Surely you already know xD

oops… ( >_<)

Originally I’d planned to have it orientated the other way (90 degrees from current position) so it was symmetrical… then I decided I liked it better this way around (and neglected to notice the centre bit…)

Thanks ^^ I’ll fix it later ;p

Well, if THAT is gonna be a station, its good the way it is now, but if that is going to move, then yup, u should fix the center, or u could just rotate the sprite (it looks good anyways in the other orientation -.-).

With the carriers would it work with different fighter hulls? Awesome work btw!

As for different hulls…er… I just basically copied the re-sized fighter images onto the Carrier dds file, so you can’t change them or anything… sorry! :frowning: . I could do a mix of several different fighters on there instead of just one…? Can’t think of a way to make them selectable or anything without doing multiple variants of the same ship, which for just a slightly different ‘look’ is probably a bit silly. ( >_<). Although if you know a way, please tell me! :slight_smile:

On a different note, after seeing some of the awesome stuff done in sketchup by other members (Nemesis and Praetors was it? I forget…) I decided I’d download it and have a go tonight, that and rendering in Kerkythea.

So here’s (what may be) the first module graphic. Some sort of power unit maybe… although given that this is a basic first attempt, I may improve on it and/or delete it or something in the future… it’s only got some basic shapes etc so nothing fancy (-_-;

while the model is simple, the render is amazing! i gotta learn how to render…

That is a very good render (maybe a bit more resolution on the screen will show us more awesome detail ) keeping in mind that u are using kerkythea!

Keep the good job there.I tell u, u will never end to improve your renders, u will always be learning and improving every day. I use vray since about 2 months ago, and still i dont know even 50% of the knowledge required to be a “pro”. Kerkythea is easier (since it has less options to configure) but still (i used it for about 1 month) u will need a lot of time to “master” the art of rendering :wink:

Thanks for the comments guys :slight_smile:

Here’s a higher res pic…

I also had a go at doing a turret tonight… mmm… it’s not so great but with practice hopefully I’ll improve ^^. I’m aware that it’s lacking detail on the top view so I may add some more things in later on…

And the turret itself mounted upon the Yoma ‘Sabre’ Cruiser, weapon is currently labelled as ‘Yoma Super Plasma’.

An attempt at a gatling-gun style thingymajig…

Good job -.-

Are u using emissive materials in those red and green “things”??

Thanks ^^

nope… embarrassingly I can’t get emissive materials working for some reason… they just show up as a light, flat colour instead of pretty pretty glowness… ( T_T)

so instead, I find (or make) useful graphics, often using things like pics of lightning or fire or something then use photo-editing programs to add effects and overlay things etc. So currently in creating those pics I’m doing 1) Sketchup → 2) Kerkythea → 3) Corel Photo Paint / Paint.net

(-_-;

Btw here’s the latest module pic. Probably a power unit. I’m sticking with the theme of crystal/glass-looking tech for the standard slot modules… (too much stargate I’m afraid lol
(^ ^;)