Changing year, and average temperature /cyclone stuff

Late game stuff like this is always the hardest to balance, but its definitely something I want to return to and improve. I’m currently slap-bang in the middle of adding a new country…

8 Likes

Anyway of balancing the energy industry’s needs with reinforcing the electrical grid? All the microgeneration policies basically contract the private energy industry.

2 Likes

This is probably part of the game I should find time to re-examine. The shift to electric cars and away from coal should put huge pressure on energy prices… I think someone already has a big complex mod that deals with all this though…

3 Likes

There is indeed a mod which I expounded on a bit in my Green Industry policy pack, but I consider it a landmark step forward to modelling those concepts rather than a comprehensive and ideal example. When I last saw it, it had plenty of flaws and omissions, such as the power costs of automation, it’s subsequent labour revolution, and the growing threat of climate apocalypse motivating the energy transition to sustainability. One of the best Democracy game mods there’s ever been though, to be sure.

With climate being such an evergreen, latchkey political topic, it’s a fine subject for a Democracy 4 expansion.

2 Likes

True, and I am very, very interested in such stuff. I even run a small green-tech company as a hobby! But I do wonder if such a DLC would just be really depressing!

4 Likes

Lol! I’d hope you’d model a kind of blue-sky solution of sorts at the optimistic end of the projections we’ve seen. Japan’s debt crisis is a grim challenge as it exists too, even for seasoned players, but it’s resolvable with a few tries! I’ve found the addition of real, brick wall problems for the game to’ve been inspired, and what’s a better example of that than the climate crisis?

2 Likes