Patch for Build 2.26 bought at Retail Store

is it okay if I put up an animated avatar on my profile?

as long as itsnot too annoying

:cry: I to have a problem with the shop bought version and would like to switch from the retail version to the download version, purely so that I can stay with the latest patches.

Cliffski, I have emailed you and will await the patched retail version.

Thanks

SirVorlon

Hi there,

If there is any one out there that can let me know how this patch worked for them I would apprecaite it.

Thanks

SirVorlon

PS: PM with your details and we can talk.

Dear Cliff,

I e-mailed you with a request for a “new and improved” version of Starship Tycoon. I’m really impressed with the game, and think it’s very reminiscent of Electronic Arts’ “Starflight,” which I played 20 years ago. :smiley: 8)

Keep up the excellent work, and good luck! :wink:

Cheers,

–Jay Goemmer
“Centuri Guy”

Could you please email the patch also. Thank you. THe game seems fun but will not last beyond about 15 minutes of play before crashing.

Hi, I can’t get new ships in the shipyards, CTD errors when saving/in cargo/passenger/ any screen and plain old instability. I bought the game in a shop and now I can’t download the online patches for the same game that is readily availably yet can’t get a patch for my version. Please send me the patch. Good work with the Kudos games and democracy. I have those too and I haven’t had any problems with them. Hope to see a Starship Tycoon 2 soon too!

Edit: Also I have emailed my request for the latest patch last week but I haven’t recieved a response, so I thought I’d try here.

I have also bought the retail version. The above post sounds good, however your email is not porivded in your profile. Can you give me your email address?

cliff AT positech dot co dot uk

:cry:
Hi there, I have been having a lot of fun with the game, but am still having some issues, The CD I bought from a guy has Starship Tycoon but also has Airport tycoon on it… the build for Starship says ver 2.26 and I have played the senerio all the way through with no problem, but in freeform/sandbox it locks up after I get a 2nd ship and sometimes even befor that, I have built several computers to try the game on… the fastest is a 1.8ghz with a 512mg Gforce 6200 and 512 meg ram, running winxp.
Another is a P2 600 with a voodo 3 and win98 2nd edition, with 256 ram and another is a P3 750 with a mx400 vidio, 256ram, with windows Milinum and I have the same lag and lockup on each machine but ONLY in freeform and locks up quicky in a random generated map.
I had dloaded the demo and played it and wanted the game, the install put it in a demo folder, I uninstalled the demo and deleted the folder, BUT when I install it from the CD I bought it puts it back in a demo folder.
Soooooooo If I purchase the full version from you all the problems will go away?.. do you know if your game was sold in the fasion I described? or did I get snookered by a 3rd party that made this CD?
Id really like to play the game in freeform/sandbox mode for more than aprox 5 min.
I have been real lost trying to figure it out.
The CD boots on the 1st time install asking what game I want installed and has a logo of E for everyone in the intro. I tryed the airport tycoon and thought it did not have ??? well I didnt care for it at all, and bought the CD to have Starship Tycoon.
Well let me know what ya think.
Thanks
Dave

Hi, I’m not aware of the game being legitimately on any CD like that, is there a publisher? was this maybe from ebay (most games on ebay are counterfeit tbh).
The latest version of the game is 2.41 which has some bug fixes, so maybe its worth trying the demo first to see if its more stable for you.

Hmmmm, its possible, I bought it from a guy in town, where he got it I dont know… he may have got it from e-bay? But in the install folder it has a link to Globalstar software… I took a look at the site and dint see tne game listed in there but???
Well its probably best I just get the game from you, your probably right some one may have hacked it just to make a buck on other peoples work.
My job has been a challange here lately, I only get a flat 250 a week now untill ??? or I get another job, BUT I’ll just get the game from you when I get the $ I can send.
That way I can really enjoy the game to its fullest and how you designed it to run.
Thanks
Dave

I have also purchased the retail version, thinking it the same as the version on this site…I would like to request the 2.41 version, and have sent an email to the address given at the beginning of this thread titled 'RE: welcome to ‘Positech Games’

Thank you in advance for your attention.

I also got the cd with Starship Tycoon and Airport Tycoon on the same one. It came in a box with a number of other games set up in a similar manner, most two per CD.

All of them are Tycoon style games, many of them of low quality with Starship Tycoon and Railroad Tycoon 2 being exceptions.

I remember picking this pack up from a Gamestop in the US (Or one of the similar stores that used to be around before Gamestop bought them all up.)

I don’t have the box anymore, or I’d give you more information from that.

If you say it’s not a legitimate copy then I’m tempted to buy it again anyway. It’s a good game. But I’ll give the demo a try to see if it’s a bit more stable than this CD copy I’ve got. It’s got the same instabilities that people on here have mentioned.

I just acquired the retail version of this game a few days ago, via a friend that bought it for me, new, from Amazon.com.
It is v2.26.
I am interested in getting an update for it if possible, as the bugs/crashes are a minor but ever present annoyance.
Other than the crashes and being unable to find ships for sale, it is a good game, and I don’t recall having problems when I had the demo installed a little while back.

I will get an email sent out shortly.