Stats on Hulls and Components

Has anyone compiled an excel list of hull designs and so on?

I need one for analysing fighter designs, but I don’t want to collate it if it has already been done.

Some stats on the fighters and gunships. Next post is some analysis.

Really simple stuff first:

• Kraugerisk Pitchfork fighter has 2 hardpoints. What can be done with them?
  • Yootan Clyde has power of 4 (maximum of any fighter). Can this be the fastest, lightest fighter? An expensive hull, though!
  • Yootan engines should make their fighters the fastest
  • Terran fighters have good power and targeting
  • Zyrtari fighters have good armor and hull integrity
  • Kraugerisk fighters have good targeting
  • Yootan fighters have good speed (plus better engines)
  • Gunships all have power 6,7 or 8 (1 for each race)

More detailed analysis will require more playtesting.

With the Pitchfork, if you insist on carrying two weapons, the most effective thing I’ve found to do with it is to put two Dogfight Missiles on it and turn it into the best interceptor in the game.

It would be much nicer if there was some real differentiation between gunships. Every gunship hull in the game has 2 hardpoints and 5 modules, and honestly the racial bonuses are not nearly big enough to make them all that different from each other. That’s… really boring.

It’s not like fighters are terribly diverse either, but at least you have a small few with different numbers of slots. Frankly though, fighters were the most boring hull in GSB1 due to their major lack of diversity, so I don’t suppose we can expect anything more with GSB2.

The problem with fighters in this game in my experience is that they are not cost efficient, if the enemy has fighters of his own - something that all the AI fleets have. I’ve found that you’re better off just mounting a fighter defense with destroyers. Or just ignoring the fighters completely, trusting your shields and shield support beams to be sufficient to hold off the enemy fighters. Will be interesting to see how the new limpets affect the meta though, they seem a bit menacing in the new scenario.

Good idea.