[1.11 Bug] Stats don't add up

In another thread, I ran a simulation where rocket fighters were placed against a ridiculously armored cruiser. The fighter’s rockets have a armor penetration of 12, while the cruiser has an average armor of 49 (using several pieces of ultraheavy armor). (BTW: What’s the current relationship between average armor and armor penetration in terms of damage?) As far as I can tell, this means the cruiser should never take damage, unless a crit or something happens. It just so happens that, due to an existing bug, these fighters each only ever get one shot, then they orbit so close that they can’t fire again. Luckily for my sim, no crits appear to happen.

Anyways, the actual bug. In the stats screen, the cruiser is listed as being hit 100%, but both armor reflected and armor absorbed are listed at 100%. How can you reflect and absorb at the same time? What is the relationship between these stats? To me it seems that it should be:
% hit, obvious
% reflected means, of the ones that hit, this percentage was then reflected
% absorbed means, of the ones that hit and weren’t reflected, this percentage was absorbed by the armor
Anything beyond this goes straight through to the hull.

Is this correct? If not, what is it?

As far as I can tell, the armor and shield absorption stats include reflected shots, so to get the “true” percentage of absorbed shots you have to subtract the reflected percentage from the given absorbed percentage. I guess you can make the case that reflection is a sort of subset of absorption, but I think it would be more useful to have them broken out separately.