Balance the new Empire Shield Support Beam

I’m strongly opposed to Empire SSBs not being able to support frigates. I don’t think it should be limited to simply being a Cruiser Support Beam, you know?

same opinion
its a energy transfer beam,its not like cruiser shields work differently :stuck_out_tongue:

besides, it would give the empire some advantage over other races to balance out its weaknesses
sure,its a different playstyle and a bit different balancing tactic, but thats what makes it interesting

It still works on frigates, unless I screwed up :smiley:

i havent tested it tbh,i dont play empire anymore :stuck_out_tongue:
i just thought hes saying it shouldnt be removed… meh… ignore me :slight_smile:

Oh what I meant was, a single ISSB at a time is not enough to save a frigate. They just become an expensive liability that gets focus fired.

They don’t scale well at all now. The use of any more than 3-4 (in an ~30k-sized fleet) is pretty questionable due to the overlap restriction, and they won’t do a very good job despite the priority code.

It’s possible to screen it with more frigates, but then you’re of course making a frigate army… as Empire.

It’s kind of shocking seeing how bad Empire is again after having that overpowered thing taken away. :stuck_out_tongue:

Time to neglect empire all over again.

Empire is shitty again, the support beam is still unbalanced, but now underpowered when not using between 4 and 10 ships with cruisers allowed. Anything lower and all ships will be emp stunned anything above and the one beam per ships kicks in. They are also useless without cruisers due to the no frigate rule.

I stand with my first judgement: That is a horrible band-aid-fix. The item is still badly unbalanced, it’s just not so obvious any more.