Ethnic Minority Membership is WAY too High!

When playing as the United States or Canada the “Ethnic Minority” group membership percentage makes up around 97% of my voter base every game! Are you kidding me? Ethnic minorities are minorities. If they made up 97% of the population they would be the OVERWHELMING majority!

The problem you should face when dealing with the “Ethnic Minority” group is facing a compromise between the economy and human rights, against traditionalism and stability. The game does not reflect this. Thanks for the awesome game devs, I hope to see a fix to this soon.

I believe a membership percentage closer to 30-40% would reflect reality better when talking about the U.S.A and Canada.

1 Like

Do you mean as you are playing, you pass laws etc increasing the ‘Ethnic Minority’ population? Or a bug that when you start a game it’s that high (I’ve just booted up a US game, EM pop is 28.45%.

1 Like

immigration is almost entirely driven by GDP & your overall country happiness stats. So with a high GDP your ethnic minority population increases by over 5% PER TURN. So within 16 turns you end up with this 97% ethnic minority thing. See the Immigration Overhaul thread.

1 Like

As Darkmark8910 stated, it seems to be a product of GDP and other factors. These factors such as GDP and stability increase immigration heavily thereby changing the demographic to unrealistic levels. That being said, immigration doesn’t seem to just add more people to the population, it seems to convert a capitalist non-minority, into a capitalist minority. I suppose Democracy 4 changes the ethnic heritage along with political affiliations of the nations constituents :rofl:

1 Like