Game Crashing at Start

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem. I looked up my device manager and it says I currently have “Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset Family” Does anyone know where to go to update this video card? I have purchased this game and I am very frustrated that I cannot get it to run. It tells me in an error message that I need to go to the manufacturer’s website. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Amy

A videocard is hardware, so you will need to buy and install new hardware to upgrade your videocard. Contact the store you bought your computer from, they will be able to give you the proper advice. Since you have a Mobile Intel though, you’re probably using a laptop… so there is probably no way to upgrade the videocard :frowning:

Unfortunately Intel videocards are nearly useless for any game that uses a modern engine, but many laptop manufacturers still use them since they’re cheap.

HOWEVER, before you look into buying new hardware, first test if Kudos can’t be made to run anyway.

If you look in the data folder inside the Kudos folder there is a file called ‘config.muf’. It’s just a text file you can open with notepad.
If you add a new line at the bottom of it that says:

IgnoreIntel = 1

And then save it and re run the game, it may work ok.

Also make sure your version of Kudos 2 is 1.05. If it is not, download the patches: if your version is 1.04 you need only 1.05, if it is 1.03 you need first 1.04 and then 1.05, etc…