Game Hangs on Title Screen (linux)

Alright the issue is as I suspected… Someone packaged the wrong binaries. I’m working on building some new binaries that fix some other issues and will get the up ASAP.

OK everybody… There is a new binary I just submitted that fixes a number of issues affecting 32bit builds and some newer distributions. It should hopefully be updated sometimes soon on the HIB site.

When can we expect to be able to download this?

md5sum GSB.bin.x86

e0b665ec7a4d89ec0009cb70df1066f3 GSB.bin.x86

This is the .deb release from humble bundle. I previously was using the .tar.gz humble bundle, and had issues.

Note that I have had to compile libpng12.so and libjpeg.so.62 and add them to the GSB launch script LD_LIBRARY_PATH in order to get stuff (mostly) working.

My recommendation is to also include libpng12 and libjpeg.so.62 in the ‘libs’ directory, in addition to the stuff you added for the .deb;I’m not sure this resolves everything, but it probably come close to resolving the library issues.

There are still unchecked library error conditions that need to be checked (see the thread apply all stack trace for example)

Still having problems after newest update.

rm -rv /usr/local/games/GSB rm -rv ~/.positech cd ~/Downloads/ chmod +x ./GSB-1323988330.sh ./GSB-1323988330.sh

I installed it back in /usr/local/games

start program:

./GSB.bin.x86 Segmentation fault

md5sum:

~/Downloads$ md5sum ./GSB-1323988330.sh 
077cb163aef1480e6ed8c367e2b0a74a  ./GSB-1323988330.sh

should be no problem… the game doesn’t write to the game folder.

OK, can you get a stack trace of the game? (GDB)… This will probably require you running it in a window so you can switch over to GDB.

Also what resolution are you trying to run it at? (or rather what is your desktop set at). you can check your ~/.positech/GSB/prefs.ini to force set a resolution/windowed mode.