Libertarian Mod

I have in the past but I left years ago. If it’s after getting as detailed as this then props to them, I copy and pasted these voter groups from a very amibitous project I’m working on myself.

IMHO, there’s no such thing as a flawless system - every kind has its downside, in both practical and philosophical ways. There’s no “Third Way” between left and right - ultimately, you have to sit down, think, and make a hard choice based on your value system and the law of unintended consequences.

Absolutely :slight_smile: .

Yeah; they seem a bit schizophrenic to me. I think I’d have split them TBH - say Progressives vs Classical Liberals or something.

Two flaws with this that I can see, basically resulting from the law of unintended consequences:

1. Women have a very big issue that makes them less desirable for employers: pregnancies. From the POV of the employer, why should they pay X for a worker who is not worth X to them, because they may need several months away from work, or quit to raise a family etc, whereas men don’t tend to have that issue? You can’t legislate against biological facts of life, however much we might wish to.

2. Suppose you’re a sexist pig. You have a choice of hiring a woman or a man… but the woman is offering to work for, say, 10% less. Now, you can still hire the man, but you are now paying a cost for being a sexist pig (and your non-sexist-pig rival benefits, most likely). Now suppose the woman is not allowed to sell her labour for 10% less - you’re now paying zero cost for being a sexist pig.

Result? Fewer women in employment, because the laws designed to help them in fact screw them.

I’m an anarcho-capitalist and thought about making such a mod, being an ex-Libertarian, but instead I decided to make a mod centered around emulating the U.S. more realistically with the player filling the role of President and all that entails (and doesn’t,) compared to dictatorships and totalitarianism, as I feel the game is modeled. I’m just starting though. Dictatorships are fun to play too, don’t get me wrong.

Ever get a job from someone who wasn’t trying to make money?

Had similar thoughts after trying an extremist right-wing strategy. (I’m am not an extremist rightist, but I have nothing against trying different approaches in games)

There is almost no private sector in this game. If you shrink the state sector, state employees become unemployed with no private alternative as job.
The behavioral model assumes all poor people are evil (at least this one seems to be a constant in many games). Unemployment boosts crime, also boosts poverty which boosts crime.
Also, consistently getting shot by the capitalist faction even after trying to go extreme right shows how left-minded the game was designed. The game made them so evil they shoot everyone, including the right-wing.

A mod which increases the amount of private sector simulated values would make right-wing strategies more viable. Changing the crime model and the capitalist faction would help too. I noticed there are capitalist faction mods out there already.