[Mod] Demography Simulation 1.0 Beta

Latest-Version: 1.0 beta

Description:

The modification "Demography Simulation 1.0’ for the pc-simulation game ‘Democracy 3’ (Positech Games) includes realistic elements and simulation features to simulate the demography in your state. Further three stages of your population are simulated:

• Minors
  • Adults
  • Retired

The three simulation elements are interconnected and influence each other.
A policy, called ‘Social State Investment’ gives you a really good tool to get an adequate overview about the costs and income rate, which is influenced by the amount of every population stage.

For example, a high population of children and retirees generates more costs than a low population value in these population stages, because of the state expenditures, like pensions, social security and welfare administration.
In contrast to the ‘Minors’ and ‘Retirees’ the population stage ‘Adults’ generates income by paying taxes.

In summary the policy ‘Social State Investment’ stands for a cost and income multiplicator, which is dependent from every population stage in your state.

With these features, the modification makes the first attempt to simulate the demography in a state.

Elements:

Simulation components:

• Birthrate
  • Minors
  • Adults
  • Retired

Policies:

• Social State Investment

Planned-Features:

• Creating a manuel (english and german) for the modification to give some information about the demographic simulation.
  • Add ‘policies’ to influence some population stages, like birth control etc.
  • Add ‘dilemmas’ to give some options to regulate and influence the current population
  • Add ‘events’ for special types of population stages (high amount of retirees, but low amount of young people)

Questions/Suggestions:

By creating a demographic simulation for ‘Democracy 3’, I have to make an arrangement with some problems, which prevent some features in my version:

• An inertia-value over 32 is not supported
  • Overriding cost and income mulitplier by exisiting policies is not supported
  • The value of people/population in every country is fix

I hope, you will have much fun with this modification.
Please notice, that this modification is in the ‘beta-version’, because I mainly want to optimize the modification with your suggestions and ideas.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to make a comment here. :slight_smile:
I will try to implementate your suggestions as soon as possible, if the suggestion is realistic and is supported by the game engine.

I am looking forward for your comments and I hope you will have lots of fun with my modification.

Mod-Installation-Manual:

• Download the ‘demography_Simulation_mod.zip’
  • Unpack the folder ‘demography’’ into the main directory of ‘Democracy 3’
  • Copy the 'demography’txt" into the 'Democracy 3 mod-folder
    demography_simulation_mod.zip (24.3 KB)

Nice work!!!

Thank you Thimorin for your comment. =)
For the next days, I will create a documentation and maybe some optimisation features.

If you have suggestions, feel free to make a comment.