School Voucher

I canceled state school and implemented School Voucher. This lead to a huge School Gap, forcing me to activate many state programs to reverse the situation. This is main because private school causes school gap. I couldn’t even set the slider to maximum, to let more people in and to have more and better schools, in order to avoid the negative situation of School Gap.

Well, what causes school gap is the difference between the quality in state school and quality in private school. Once there is no state school (or private school), there is no “difference”, hence, no gap!

Also, its impact on Equality is negative. Again, everyone in the country is on private school, with vouchers. How’s that lead to inequality and School Gap?

Private schools aren’t equally funded, staffed and equiped. Hence, more inequality. Unless a monopoly or oligopoly of private schooling corporation takes over with a standardized level of funding to its school grid (which would essentially be a private version of state school system in a way) or if there were huge regulations of private schooling, education privatisation isn’t equalitarian. Just look at the college situation in America.
Vouchers effectively helps you access private schools. It has an effect on demand but not on the quality of the offer.

That’s an interesting view. State School are not equally funded as well. Payment can be different on several states, there may be policy to add bonus payment to teachers if students reach a certain grade, and so on. Based on that, state school must lead to Education Gap as well.

State schools isn’t perfect either and I don’t really know the legal system in the US on the matter. If there are specific policies like the one you suggest, then it is indeed flawed. In my home country (Belgium), there are differences due to langage division. There is also an effet of educational gap between schools due to various other factors than ownership and the teachers level can’t be perfectly uniformed. Difficult situations can lead to teachers being less involved or motatived in their job and so forth. The more you dig, the more complex it gets like in so many other areas.

However, unless you have a really badly made state schools system, it will always be more egalitarian than a purely private one due to different natural goals.

If we apply this to Democracy 3, it would mean that state schools doesn’t inherently affects educational gap as strongly as private schools but other policies related to it do.

I think you are right. I got your point. I spoke solely based on Brazil. Here, state school are much worse than private school. The biggest gap lies between the two systems. Of course there are gaps inside those two, and, as you pointed, the larger gaps lies inside private system. Unfortunatelly, there are 3 state school systems in Brazil, each one paying differently and leading to amplified gaps. We have municipal schools (payed by local mayor), state schools (payed by the governor - each state has different payment systems), and federal schools (payed by federal government). Hence it leads to a huge gap. Also all “public” teachers (municipal, state and federal) are “tenured”, so its harder to fire the bad teachers in state schools than in private schools.

Private schooling is much better than state schooling. Teacher’s wages are better, location, safety (yes!), and much more. Speaking solely on Brazil, of course.