Un-used machines?

What machines do players never use in their games?
I have to admit I’ve never ever used:

• Centrifuge
  • Hadron Collider

And only once used the Sachet maker (because the AI had patented the pill and cream versions of something).

The Collider because it’s very late-game and as I’m playing the scenarios so far there just hasn’t been the call or opportunity to use it.

The Centrifuge because I’ve never ever had use of it, I guess I’ve just not made anything complex enough to require spending the time to figure out how to tessellate 3 of them. I’ve generally just made-do with mixers.

Sachets - because the bonus isn’t worth it when you can get syringes instead. They also don’t tessellate nicely at all.

So what about you folks? Anything you don’t use?

Mostly just played with them in Free Build.

Have used the sachet to get around AI patent.

Never needed to use the Centrifuge, but could envision scenario where Drug 1 has cureA and CatB, Drug 2 has cureB and CatA (where cureA needs CatA for upgrading, etc.) but never have actually had that.

Never needed the Hadron but watched a Twitch Stream that could’ve used it (not sure it would’ve been worth the research and process cost).He had done some mix w/ a cure needing low conc. and another needing high conc. Can’t recall what he did (maybe just upgraded one of the cures?) but he didn’t do the Hadron.

I’ve never used Sachet Maker. Its layout and size are extremely prohibitive, particularly for 100% throughput factories.
Don’t tend to use the Centrifuge very often either as there are usually easier ways of getting the job done with mixers.

I use all of the others quite a lot though.

My pet peeve machine though is the Agglomerator. It has a really nasty arrangement of ports.

Machines I don’t use frecuently are the Hadron collider, the Sequencer and the Centrifuge.

I’ve created a custom scenario where I have to use almost all of them (except Hadron Collider, but I ended using it for achieving the operative profit required, Sequencier because I must create a cure for “Hairloss”, and centrifuge just for comodity, because ingredients have many side effects).

Interesting. I’m ok with it; it’s the Evaporator that really gets me, although I suppose they’re both the same really (one end is straight-on, the other coming off 90 degrees).

I don’t mind the Evaporator. Because its input is on the side it can often be slotted in very easily, making the process more compact. But the Agglomerator is just annoying, particularly if you have to increase concentration by 9 or more. Multiple Agglomerators in a row are so inefficient with their space usage.

Well, I finally found a use for the Centrifuge. In fact, I’m reasonably confident that for the Quick Start -> Money Spinners it isn’t possible to complete it at master without them (8* products earning 800 profit). I used the centrifuges to join two of the same cures into the same pill to double profit. Seems kind of dirty, but I’m not convinced it would have been possible to do otherwise.

Still never used the Hadron Collider.

Maybe mixing 2 different cures instead of the same one. Also, using Syrengies will raise combined value and cure rate significantly for a better profit. It may not be easy to fit it all together. Discarding lower profit lines will help.

Hadron Collider is a must-to for two level 5 cures. They can be pretty helpful for attaining more profitable if you use a Hadron Collider at the beginning of the line of a high level cure. Just mix and upgrade, and maybe centrifuges or creamers at the end for getting rid of side effects. I prefer using centrifuges because Syrengies increase profit more than creams. However, they require a lot of space, but on a large map, with a line per building should be enough.

Yep, I did use the syringes; the issue with mixing different cures, at least in this particular scenario, is that’s more space required to create them. By mixing the same cures, all you need in a shaker to move the cure ingredient around and then re-join things in the centrifuge (ideally over-writing an otherwise impossible to remove side-effect).

Yep, I just discovered that was possible looking at Acme’s save; I was thinking they’d work the same as any other machine and the reaction strength would change as soon as you put it through something else.

You have to be careful when using Hadron Colliders right at the start of a chain. Just by upgrading some cures you can accidentally remove catalysts that you will need later on.

That said, it can really cut down on factory space to collide first because you just need to chain the upgrade machines together without any concentration changing in-between.

Do you guys think the Centrifuge should be process time 2?

Well, I can tell for sure that chaining three of them for a 30-per-month drug requires a lot of space…

I would even say for a processing time of 1, but maybe that simplifies this machine too much… However, it could be considered as an improvement for the mixer and/or shaker, but probably, a processing time of 2 fits better.

Carefulness of using the machine would definitely help the player not to encounter problems while navigating.

brass knuckle