Beta?

I don’t know what’s standard at Positech, but I (and I’m betting many others) would be happy to help out with a beta or playtest of GSB! Were there any plans for this kind of testing?

On his blog Cliff mentioned something like beta testing being open for those who preorders.

He said he’s found that those willing to put money up for something give far more valuable information, compared to those that just want to play something for free.

It’s not an exclusionary thing, just a way to get the best feedback possible.

Sounds reasonable to me. I’ll try to find that blog post - in the meantime, is there a way to preorder? I’d be pretty happy doing that even if it was unrelated to a beta.

There will be a pre-order system similar to mount n blade, in that I will open up pre-orders when there is a beta ready, and pre-ordering will get you the beta copy to try and gvie feedback on prior to release. I don’t have a firm date for that yet, I want to be 100% sure the general flow and balance of the game is reasonable before I open it up to beta testing

I’ll be more than happy to be a beta tester for the 64-bit crowd. Just say the word when it comes out…