RELEASED! (and demo)

The game is now officially released. That means it’s no longer $19.95, and it also means there is now a demo:
positech.co.uk/gratuitousspa … /demo.html
So if you were on the fence, try the demo now.

IF YOU HAD THE BETA:
You don’t need to ‘do’ anything. Version 1.23 was the release build, and you already have it. If you bought the game yesterday, you got a great deal :smiley:
Don’t worry, there will still be ongoing development to improve and expand the game. This is just the public unveiling and release of a demo. Work on a bigger and better GSB will continue as long as people keep buying it so i can pay the bills :smiley:

you’re only half right… i wanted to try out the demo to see what restrictions there are (i’m curious) but it doesn’t seem to be up yet. when i go to the demo page, it says the same thing it always does: “A demo for GSB will be released close to the final release date of the finished game.” however, the beta page is gone. is the demo really up?

Cliffski, is there a location to download the file so I can save it to my hard drive.

I understand it auto updated when I launched the game, but since GSB was my first purchase from Positech Games I do not know how or where to download the file itself to save to my hard drive.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

you mean the link? it’s in your e-mail.

you probably need to just shift refresh the demo page. It got updated earlier.
The download link for the full game is in your purchase email.

Congrats! :slight_smile:

Congrats on the release. I’ve been busy moving into a new house the last month, so never really got to test out the carrier modules for fighters. But played a few minutes earlier today and am happy to see lots of stuff updated. Look forward to making so new deployments to challenge people with :). Hope you get to make many expansions for the game also!

I have beta 1.12… how do I update it?

Thanks,
otakucode

If you’ve put in your registration code on the “Online” screen in the game, it should update automatically the next time you start it up.

If that doesn’t happen, you can always redownload a full install of the latest version by following the link that was emailed to you when you originally ordered the game (the email will have been from “BMT Micro Orders”).

Congrats on the release. Darn those kids of eating up my money so I couldn’t buy it last week, Now I have to pay you $3 more. :wink:

At least I can play the Demo now while waiting for my paycheck.

Thanks for the help to redownload the game. I had no idea the link would still work, thanks! :slight_smile:

Judging by the Demo, I’ll have to congratulate you for being $23 richer… as soon as I get paypal hooked to my new credit card (old one expired).

Forget that. I didn’t know the game was on steam. Congratulations, I am now $20 poorer. And you deserve this money! :smiley: