Colorblind Mode?

Hi Cliffski!

Just wanted to say I’m a huge fan, the Democracy games are probably part of why I chose to work as a political organizer! However, a few of the charts aren’t very colorblind friendly. I understand that all the colors needed for the different voter groups is going to necessarily lead to a few that are hard to differentiate. But, in the economics window for the charts section being red-green colorblind I can not tell the difference between income and relative GDP or Debt and Interest rate. Do you have any plans to change these colors or add an accessibility mode for color blind people? I would be happy to offer input if that helps!

1 Like

YES! absolutely. If you take a look at the in-game options, you will see we already have light mode and dark mode. These are just 2 different palettes, and the game can support an infinite number, meaning we could even have multiple colorblind modes, even dark and light variants of each.

This is very much on my todo list, I know there is software you can get, which ive used before, which simulates each colorblindness type for developers so we can do this. I just need to find time to do that, and edit a new text file.

(the text files are in the games data\palettes folder).
My current schedule suggests ill be doing this on monday 28th (this monday).

2 Likes