With the upcoming addition of South Korea, it’d be nice if a new slider was added for education: Rote Learning (IE Technical Learning / Memorisation) vs. Meaning Learning (IE Critical Thinking / Creative Learning).
In countries in Asia like South Korea, education focuses less on the arts and more on the sciences. I’m not an education expert (someone in the comments may be - please comment if so!) but it’s well-known.
For Democracy 4, a slider fully toward Creativity might, over the very long-term:
- Decrease technology (due to less emphasis on mathematics)
- Increase liberalism (due to more emphasis upon questioning established ideas, debate, and thought)
- Increase risk of most types of protests (due to more free-thinking)
- Decrease racial tension
- Increase youth happiness
A slider fully toward Rote Learning might, over the very long-term:
- Increase technology (more math)
- Increase capitalist happiness (as more time is spent on ‘practical’ & business-relevant subjects than on the arts)
- Decrease liberalism