Mechas {dying due to no skill on the mods}

Please refuse these if they are not at least 70% original for this game.
Also, seeing these bonuses, please tell me which races would cut them to ribbons. I know that hit and run, along with long range plans would decimate then. I am asking for the races that would pincussion this.

The background:

The mechas are clearly a group of robotic beings. On their homeplanet, the plants and animals went rampant from their existance, forcing them to take on a robotic form. Due to this, they absolutely abhorrr any living biological being that exists, reguardless what they are. They will not rest easy until the entire universe is destroyed.

Their assetts:

Fighters first…

Fighters: These are the values not including the usual bonuses.

Scorpion Mechfighter
Appearance: Looks, well, read the name. Quite understandable.
Honor Cost: 6000
Weapon slots - 2
Other slots - 3
Shields have 10% more defense.
Weight - 2.00
Cost: 45
Power Gained: 4.0

Mechanized Turbofighter {begins unlocked}
Appearance: A clone copy of the federations falcon fighter, with the exception of the color.
Weapon slots - 1
Other slots - 3
Speeds are 10% faster.
Weight - 1.00
Cost: 40
Power Gained: 3.0

Mechanized Prowler {begins unlocked}
Appearance: Like the rebels achilles fighter, but a different color.
Weapon Slots - 2
Other Slots - 2
Weapons have 10% more damage.
Weight - 3.00
Cost: 50
Power Gained: 5.0

Mech Fighter Special - SHIELDS!!

Fighter Shields MkI {begins open}
Desc: Most races thought it was simply impossible to minuturize shields sufficiently to accomodate them in fighters, but when the mechs began employing such technologies, it gave many races a dreadful shock.
Cost: 20
Weight: 5.00
Hitpts: 15.00
Power Consumed: 1.00
Sh Strength: 15
Shield Resist: 3.00
Regain Rate: 1.00

Fighter Shields Mk2 {begins open}
Desc: It was bad enough for a mech fighter to posess even the MKI but when the mechas began using mk2, their fighters were, impossibly enough, even defending versus cruizers of all things!
Weight: 12.00
Hitpts: 25.00
Power Consumed: 3.00
Sh Strength: 25
Shield Resist: 5.00
Regain Rate: 3.00

Fighter Shields Mk3
Unlock Cost: 2800
Desc: When the mechas finally made a supershield for their fighters, the classic fighters were facing a virtual nightmare. Even whole fleets of fighters wouldnt stand a chance versus their newest shield, except with missles.
Advice: Trust me, give your fleets heavy anti-fighter support. You will be glad you did.
Cost: 80
Weight: 20.00
Hitpts: 40.00
Power Consumed: 7.00
Sh Strength: 50
Shield Resist: 8.00
Regain Rate: 5.00

You might want to chance the autocanons, the tribe already have an autocannon. I think races should not be clearly countered by other races, and the -30% shield penetration makes countering it very easy, so I suggest removing it.

And what’s the difference between hull strength and hull intergrety? And I assume Hull armory means Armor, Right?

Passive hull repair, less people and costly ships are great though!

I would remove the speed penalty though, the order are already slow. Instead of the speed and penetration penalty I suggest making the ships consume significantly more power to power the automated systems.

The internet is not acting friendly right now, sorry.

Hm, I am on the fence about energy. Machines tend to be energy efficient. But automation of this kind isnt cheap on the energy budget. The point is finding a good balance in that matter, and shields seem to be the key to this.

But your right about the autocannon thing. Perhaps a launcher or some kind of powerful beam weapon. MEZONGUNS! bingo.

… so, what do you think of the fighters?

The fighter shields are pretty nice, and would probably work well with a bomber type fighter, perhaps add a tweaked torpedo launcher to accompany this?
The shields are pretty cheap though, they could use a cost boost.

Is there any way to change the default weight of a ship??? O_o i didnt know that, and that would be awesome.

No. The final weight of the ship is simply the sum of the weight of all its installed modules.

Lol race is significantly overpowered. Who needs shield or speed when you have 30% armor and auto repair?

Shield penetration won’t matter because 70% of MWM, Cruiser Plasma, and CL will still have penetration > 27. The only real penalty is the 30% cost.

only thing i have to say to this is i hate the whole “giant robots in space” theme :stuck_out_tongue:
robots should be on the ground,blowing up tanks and stuff with arm-mounted gauss rifles and PPCs,not in space,doesnt make any sense :smiley:

Tribe is MUCH worse. 100% bonus and a repair system. Not auto, but still…

I guess you hate master of orion, transformers, and {a few others I forget}…

You do realize armor bonus and hull bonus is not the same right? Once armor is comfortably above 70 I stop take damage, and with auto repair I can repair the critical damage indefinitely.

Try challenge 4617163, and see how much punishment those front cruiser (the huge ones) can take. And those only have 14% armor bonus and a limited supply of repair.

Thats why I am limiting the armor boost to 30%. But there is a clear weakness. Its speed. Its horrible at hit-and-run tricks, you see. Nomads would make short work of this devious race.

Ugg no, you will be indestructible. And you don’t need speed when you can just arm yourself with long range weapon.

The greatest standard armor has how much armor? I think its about 40. 40 + 30% = 52. Difficult, but still doable.

Further, there is lucky shot. As the amount diminishes, it gets weaker as well.

That’s not how armor defense works, man. Its shipwide resistance value keeps going up as you put more armor modules on a ship, and it goes down as you put other non-armor modules on it. Anyone who has played the game for more than a few minutes knows this. Have you?

If I equip 1 small crew, 1 engine type 1, 1 or 2 missiles, and the rest superheavy armor, with your 30% armor bonus I can easily reach over 100 armor resistance.

And with unlimited amount of auto repair I become entirely immune to damage. Think about it.

Ah, I sorta see, but its befuddling. But still, there is a value there, and thats what it affects. A straight 30%

30% allow ships to easily push their defense strength over 100. The point is no weapons in the game has over 72 armor penetration, so only critical damage can deal damage to it which happens 3% of the time. And since you have unlimited supply of auto repairs to repair those critical you will never die. Unless of course your opponent can overload the repair with just 3% of it’s damage.

So if I put 10 superheavy armors on it, 3 other modules (crew/engine/weapon), and with all of them repair at .5% (0.005) per second.

(145 * 0.005 * 1.3 * 10 * 0.76)/0.03 = 238.7 damage per second required to overload it, else the ship cannot die. I guess it could be done given 0.5% repair is so small.

Hm, that could be doable, but tricky. I guess it would suffice, but probably should be 20% armor then.

Fighters: These are the values not including the usual bonuses.

Scorpion Mechfighter
Appearance: Looks, well, read the name. Quite understandable.
Honor Cost: 6000
Weapon slots - 2
Other slots - 3
Max Range is 15% higher.
Weight - 3.00
Cost: 45
Power Gained: 4.0

Mechanized Turbofighter {begins unlocked}
Appearance: A clone copy of the federations falcon fighter, with the exception of the color.
Weapon slots - 1
Other slots - 3
Speeds are 15% faster.
Weight - 1.00
Cost: 35
Power Gained: 3.0

Mechanized Prowler {begins unlocked}
Appearance: Like the rebels achilles fighter, but a different color.
Weapon Slots - 2
Other Slots - 2
Weapons have 15% more damage.
Weight - 2.00
Power Gained: 5.0

Mech Fighter Special - SHIELDS!!

Fighter Shields MkI
Unlock Cost: 700
Desc: Most races thought it was simply impossible to minuturize shields sufficiently to accomodate them in fighters, but when the mechs began employing such technologies, it gave many races a dreadful shock.
Cost: 20
Weight: 3.00
Hitpts: 15.00
Power Consumed: 1.00
Sh Strength: 15
Shield Resist: 3.00
Regain Rate: 1.00

Fighter Shields Mk2
Unlock Cost: 1400
Desc: It was bad enough for a mech fighter to posess even the MKI but when the mechas began using mk2, their fighters were, impossibly enough, even defending versus cruizers of all things!
Weight: 5.00
Hitpts: 25.00
Power Consumed: 3.00
Sh Strength: 25
Shield Resist: 5.00
Regain Rate: 3.00

Fighter Shields Mk3
Unlock Cost: 2100
Desc: When the mechas finally made a supershield for their fighters, the classic fighters were facing a virtual nightmare. Even whole fleets of fighters wouldnt stand a chance versus their newest shield, except with missles.
Cost: 80
Weight: 7.00
Hitpts: 35.00
Power Consumed: 7.00
Sh Strength: 45
Shield Resist: 8.00
Regain Rate: 5.00

hmph, ok, so this dies. So what. I will bump it until it succeeds.

Looks like someone’s a fan of battletech, don’t worry I am too :wink: