Modding Error

I have been fiddling with this game since it came out. I love the easy moddability. I edit the game’s core files. Add my own personal policies and simulations into them. Probably shouldn’t do this, but I can’t get my game to recognize anything but that and Steam-downloaded mod folders. I’ve backed them up, but I don’t want to lose all the many changes I’ve made.

Anyway, I’ve gotten errors before. I am usually able to find the problem. I forgot to put a 0 before .1 or I typed Liberals instead of Liberal. Now, I am getting an error that I have no idea how to fix. I have been through everything I changed and I can’t figure it out. It’s driving me crazy.

Is there anyway to pinpoint what the problem could be from the specific message?

unknown operator :.\src\SIM_NeuralEffect.cpp 385

I know that the problem has to do with an Effect, most likely. But can I use the number 385 to find it somehow? Or am I basically screwed? Because I have been through the files I changed with a fine-tooth comb.

Thank you.

Unknown operator would suggest to me that you’ve made a mistake in one of your effects, and used something other than +, -, *, /, or ^. So I would look to recently edited effect formulas, and look for that kind of error.

Unfortunately, I can’t be more specific than that; I’ve never really figured out Democracy 3’s error codes.

-El