Game crashes after loading mod

Hey guys!
I recently bought Democracy 3 on Steam. I wanted to mod it after a while, and I began having an issue. I looked through these forums, but I haven’t been able to find my problem.
I made a mod that does not add any policies or simulations, but instead changes some existing ones. Because of this, I simply copied the “policies” and “simulation” files into my mod’s folder (mymod\data\simulation) and changed it. All I did was change a few of the intensities of the effects of certain policies, and add some effects to certain policies. I made sure all of my files were in the right place (including the config file), and the mod appears on my list in-game. However, when I try to start a game, Democracy 3 instantly crashes. I get no error message, so I checked in the “debug” file. Here’s how it reads on the last two lines:

[18:28:56:445]- Starting new game... [18:28:57:249]- Failed to find neuron: []:.\src\SIM_Simulation.cpp 580

I also checked the “errors” file, and it displays this:

17/11/2013 - 18::29 - D3DERR_DEVICELOST 17/11/2013 - 18::29 - Flip

I have absolutely no idea what any of this means. All of my files are in the right place, and I checked them for any syntax errors I could have made. They all checked out. So what’s wrong, and how can I fix it?
By the way, the game (1.10) still runs fine when I don’t load my mod.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Alex

Bump. I really need help with this, peeps!
Are there any known bugs with my situation? What are some errors I could have made?
Thanks again!