New ship hull crash

I don’t know why, but went I create a new ship in the Xedilco directory, when accessing the Ship list of the Ship builder, the game crash.
If I move this ship from the Xedilco directory, to the main one: No problem!

WTFake?

I don’t have any “ERROR” message.
Here is my debug files:

[code]----DEBUG FILE----
Windows 7 detected
GSB Debug File. App version Full 1.60
Desktop resolution is 1920 x 1200
Initialising Direct3D
Initialising global vertex buffer
creating render targets
success in initialising 3D
Initialising Direct Input
Finished Initialising Direct Input
Initialising Sound Engine
Initialised Sound System with 512 channels

Finished Initialising Sound Engine
Design [EA GOD Platform] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [EA Nova Frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [EA Sagittarius Missile Frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Imperial Shuttle] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [republic patrol ship] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_delta_wip] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Unit elite FA Cruiser] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [EA Nova Frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [EA Sagittarius Missile Frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
gratuitousspacebattles/server/getmymessages.php?&username=GATCornebre&id=XMG0-E7A7-H2H3-M&lastmessageid=800004
gratuitousspacebattles/server/getmymessages.php?&username=GATCornebre&id=XMG0-E7A7-H2H3-M&lastmessageid=800004
Start of SIM_Internet::OpenLink
End of SIM_Internet::OpenLink
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\TCornèbre\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/messages.txt)
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile ends[/code]

Initialising 3D Engine in fullscreen mode Driver : aticfx32.dll Description : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Series DeviceName : \\.\DISPLAY1 Getting fullscreen refresh rate Found 18 adapter modes at 1920 x 1200 Found adapter modes at 1920 x 1200 refresh[60] Found adapter modes at 1920 x 1200 refresh[56] Found adapter modes at 1920 x 1200 refresh[60] Found adapter modes at 1920 x 1200 refresh[56] Found adapter modes at 1920 x 1200 refresh[60] Found adapter modes at 1920 x 1200 refresh[60] Found adapter modes at 1920 x 1200 refresh[60] Found adapter modes at 1920 x 1200 refresh[60] Found adapter modes at 1920 x 1200 refresh[60] Found adapter modes at 1920 x 1200 refresh[60] Found adapter modes at 1920 x 1200 refresh[60] Found adapter modes at 1920 x 1200 refresh[60] Found adapter modes at 1920 x 1200 refresh[60] Found adapter modes at 1920 x 1200 refresh[60] Found adapter modes at 1920 x 1200 refresh[60] Found adapter modes at 1920 x 1200 refresh[60] Found adapter modes at 1920 x 1200 refresh[60] Found adapter modes at 1920 x 1200 refresh[60] Using 60 as refresh rate Checking For Shader Support NumSimultaneousRTs:4 hal_caps.PixelShaderVersion >= D3DPS_VERSION(2, 0) About to Create 3D Device with width: 1920 and height : 1200 Attempting hardware Vertex Processing Finished initialising 3D Engine Initialising Render target of 512 X 512 rt_ship rt_ship Initialising Render target of 2048 X 2048 rt_offscreen1 rt_offscreen1 Initialising Render target of 2048 X 2048 rt_offscreen2 rt_offscreen2 Initialising Render target of 2048 X 2048 rt_transition rt_transition Initialising Render target of 2048 X 2048 rt_distortion rt_distortion Initialising Render target of 2048 X 2048 rt_selection rt_selection campaign_title_2048.bmp cwfont20.dds zekton16.dds debris.dds contrails.dds escapepod.dds escapepodengines.dds shield_impact.dds client_interlace.dds dialog_client.dds 19px_highlight.dds 19px_highlight_black.dds smokeclouds.dds runninglight.dds shield_collapse.dds border_depth.dds box_background.jpg textbutton.dds textbutton_h.dds dlc_tribe.dds square_box.dds dlc_order.dds dlc_swarm.dds dlc_nomads.dds dlc_parasites.dds dlc_galactic_conquest.dds circular_wipe.dds menu_backdrop.jpg dialog_titlebar.dds tab.dds tab_h.dds tab_selected.dds gui_scrollup.dds gui_scrollup_h.dds gui_scrolldown.dds gui_scrolldown_h.dds xed_turret_las_v1.dds hex_box.dds xed_turret_las_v4.dds xed_turret_las_v5.dds xed_turret_bull_v2.dds xed_turret_auto_v1.dds xed_turret_bull_v3.dds xed_turret_miss_v4.dds xed_turret_miss_v1.dds xed_turret_miss_v3.dds xed_turret_miss_v2.dds xed_turret_plasm_v2.dds button_close.dds button_close_h.dds modebutton.dds modebutton_h.dds xed_fastfrigate.dds xed_fr_subspaceP.dds module_shield_v5.dds xed_exoskel.dds module_engine_3.dds xed_fr_subspaceT.dds ship_slot_line.dds ship_slot_spot.dds textbox_darken.dds

Help?

Can you post the hull code for teh ship that is giving you grief? I’ve had some weird issues in the past that came from odd places. Have to admit that on the surface this one has me stumped.

Few more questions in addition to AcePalarum. Could you please:

• Post the \My Documents\My Games\GratuitousSpaceBattles\debug\errors.txt
    (might be a clue in there - if the game left one)

• Copy/Paste the full names of the .dds for the ship (including _damaged & _hulk or _sprite if its a fighter)
    (looking for case sensitive naming error with the hull file)

The error.txt is empty. T.T

[code][config]
classname = fighter
name = test
guiname = test
sprite = Alliance Hornet Fighter.dds
damagetexture = Alliance Hornet Fighter_damaged.dds
hulktexture = alliance_hulks.dds
hulkUVstart = 0
hulkUVend = 3
width = 11
height = 11
powerproduced = 2.3
cost = 37
racename = alliance

[bonuses]
0 = ARMOURBOOST,0.12

[runninglights]
0 = 11,191,100,3,1
1 = 245,191,100,3,0

[contrails]
0 = 78,214,40,500,1.5,4
1 = 178,214,40,500,1.5,4

[targets]
0 = 76.00,91.00,0,0,
1 = 148.00,41.50,1,1,115.00,13.00,181.00,70.00,SHIP_EMMITER_SMALL,
2 = 126.50,131.00,1,1,99.00,103.00,154.00,159.00,SHIP_EMMITER_SMALL,

[slots]
0 = 128.00,61.00,TURRET,(97.00-21.00),(159.00-21.00),
1 = 128.00,163.00,STANDARD,
2 = 128.00,128.00,STANDARD,

[explosions]
0 = 0,128,128,EXP_STARTBREAKUP
1 = 0,128,128,EXP_FIGHTER_DESTROYED_LOD
2 = 0,128,128,EXP_FIGHTER_DESTROYED
3 = 0,128,128,EXP_BLASTGLARE[/code]

I’ve tested it with “racename = alliance” and “racename = xedilco”, but no change in the error, still bugged in Xedilco folder and clean in the alliance one.

Do you have the appropriate .dds sprites located in the Xedilco folder as well as the main? That’s the only thing that’s jumping out at me; you don’t appear to have any of the typical typos in your ship code that tend to give me problems. Puzzling.

I’ve try this hull with different data:
Different race
Different .dds
Different classname
… name
and guiname

Always it crash in the Xed directory and work fine in the Alliance one.

Why [size=50](By the 9 hell)[/size] the game don’t want to see a new hull for my dear Xedilco?

T.T

Believe me or not, but the crash have corrected itself without my help!
I didn’t install/uninstall a new mod
I have just work a little on the Xedilco modules.

I don’t understand…

Did you work on modules that would be equippable on that hull?

When building my Matmos Rift mod I had a frigate hull that kept crashing the design screen - turned out it was a frigate module that was creating the problem, and I only thought it was the hull because it was the only frigate in that mod. Change the race on the hull, it worked fine. Put it back to normal, crash.

I mention this because it sounds like what you’ve been experiencing.

I don’t think so, Xedilco have modules and ship of all size, even before the crash cause by the hull.

It will possibly stay a mystery…

I got the crash again! And the error log are empty, again…

Help me Ciff ‘Cliffski’ Harris, you’re my only hope!

Here is the current buggy version of the mod, mediafire.com/?h6gpa7cgr7d7cc9
I “hope” it will crash on your PC as much as on my own ^^
I hope (really this time) that this can be useful…

(A chance for you darkstar076 that I was still wake at this hours (It 0.00 in France!)

Well that took a bit of work to find out what was bugging your mod

To fix the crash:
Open \Gratuitous Space Battles\xedilco\data\hulls\Xedilco\Xed Small Station.txt
Change: classname = CRUISER
To: classname = cruiser

The classname is case sensitive

Now you also have a bit of work ahead of you fixing bugs - they dont impact the game but they really should be fixed all the same.
Some of the missions the ship designs you have specified do not exist (missing the _ )

Ship Design not found ->xed axe a
Ship Design not found ->xed axe b
Ship Design not found ->xed daiklave
Ship Design not found ->aspis
Ship Design not found ->aspis istm
Ship Design not found ->xed daiklave

Also there might be a problem with one of your missile weapons - I kept getting the error

At this point in time i do not know what it means
Anyways - these answers should get you started

Thanks a lot! I corrected all of the little problem you have identifies!

For the:

It come from the game engine unable to show us missiles trail for rocket sub-munition… (Spline effects!) (And because shadow cannon are missiles with splines and sub-munitions… -.-)

An other thing, why do the classname is case sensitive only part of time? Depend of the Moon Phase? (I didn’t have much problem with that until you showed me this!)

All part of the service of the Friendly Community Mod Squad

Good to know - if someone reports that as a reason why their game is crashing then we know its a red herring

Why is modules upper case and hulls is lower case - My guess, its a code thing
But its all useful knowledge as we learn what rules can and cant be broken when modding