Persistent sort options

This is one thing that has bugged me from the start. If I want to sort voter groups by, let’s say, size instead of alphabetically, it won’t remain sorted that way after I change away from the main view or move forward a turn. I have to keep pressing that sort button every time to get it to sort by happiness or whatever. The same goes for happiness, membership and policy influences/influencers. Say I want to sort by descending strength, It won’t persist across the game.
It might just be a small thing, but it’s just one of those wee things that bugs me. :smiley:

2 Likes

Additionally, membership should be the default because it’s the most useful one by far.

1 Like

Disagree, by having them sorted alphabetically they are always in the same order and I know by heart which one’s which without even reading the labels.

1 Like

Sure, but you could just leave it on alphabetical sort then. The persistence doesn’t affect that, all it would do is keep it the way YOU like it.

1 Like

I guess for long term players that’s true, but if you’re trying to boost popularity to safe the next election, the most useful thing you can do is to appease the biggest chunks of your population. And additionally, long-term, it’s likely that the people you care about the most are also gonna be the ones with the biggest population. (This second point is not entirely true: Some of the groups barely ever change membership. Especially Youth. So probably for long term usefulness, Happiness is gonna win out. Still, Membership is usually more important than Alphabetical, unless your knowledge of this game is entrenched deeply enough, as it appears to be for you)

1 Like