Race specific weapons and comparisons

Just like the tribe got their own repair systems…

Still don’t understand. Fed Fusion Beam, power is just 1 point more than Cruiser Beam, 3 more than fed Proton Beam. Same crew requirements than CB, less crew than PB.
Roughtly the same raw Dps than CB, the double than PB. And this is without factoring tracking.

this thread has turned into a argument about fusion beams. Can we just expect the the cruiser laser is the best and MOVE ON!

That 1 power is often a make-or-break point for me - I like very efficient ships with little waste of power or crew. And I flatly refuse to get sucked into analyzing my ships’ DPS etc. That turns the game into a math slog which is no fun for me. So I look for general categories of weapon - in this case, beams with range out around 700ish - and see what fits best with the power and crew I can squeeze into the hull.

I would say “No we can’t.”

Not because of any personal disagreement, but because “best” is a subjective term and you’re not going to get this many people to agree on the color of the sky, let alone on a preferred anything.

Cruiser Lasers are indeed awesome but I always like to add a armor breaker into the mix, and lately for battering down armor I like the Rebel Fusion Beam.

Crits all the way for me!