In this installment of Democracy, I’ve noticed that most of the categories have been improved and broadened. However, I’ve noticed that Foreign Policy is still a bit lacking. Because of that, I may have a few suggestions.
- Introduce a “Arms Export” Policy. This is of course common including in all the countries that are in the game, and can be a large source of income. However, it may affect foreign relations and inner relations with liberals and socialists.
- Have an uncancellable “Espionage Policy” button regarding espionage, that may move from mostly just surveillance to foreign intervention. This button would be separate since you can still have a large and sizeable spy agency that does not do much intervention. Having a more interventionist approach may hurt foreign relations but may also increase patriot happiness as well as increased immigration from aforementioned foreign countries.
- A “Military Technology Grant” policy that would increase technology and capitalist happiness, but of course would make socialists or liberals unhappy, as well as affecting foreign relations. I realize this one is somewhat similar to “Technology Grants” which is an economic policy, but still, it’s a bit different with different outcomes, which may include net gains other areas such as health (since many medical devices have their origins in military technologies).
Regarding the changes in Transport/Economy:
- I think that there could be some importance placed on maintenance and upkeep of sewage systems (which of course affects health, but is costly). While state water company is a possible policy, it’s not one I pay attention to since sewage doesn’t really affect health in the game.
- Water desalination plants can be introduced into the game as a possible policy, for fighting water shortages. Obviously they’re costly, and they may or may not harm the environment, but it can be looked into.
Hopefully these points are clear.