Tobacco & Drugs

Tobacco Age Policy. This would help reduce Tobacco use without banning it entirely.

Ban Drugs Policy, to split off from Narcotics (like ban alcohol and ban tobacco). To allow players more flexibility.

As mentioned elsewhere Drug Awareness Policy would be useful.

Why does legal cannabis increase crime?

1 Like

why legalizing it would lead to sale in stores and therefore increase the “loot” of thieves? maybe? I do not know really :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ha ha ha ha! Could be! :smiley:

I imagine that drugs that increase aggressiveness like PCP would, so a possible balance would be to have the legalization of all drugs increase crime?

1 Like

and then if it becomes only legal as a medicine, organized crime does business, sells fake licenses and medicinal drugs even for those who shouldn’t have the right.

2 Likes

Hmmm…that’s a very good point. So, maybe it should boost organized crime at lower values?

somehow from “outlawed” to “medicine only” organized crime certainly rises

Yeah, it should probably fall.

also “age limit”

2 Likes

I’m not sure it should increase organized crime. The possible crime from selling fake licenses and the like is probably far lower than the money that could be made from selling marijuana illegally.

Legalizing Marijuana should probably also boost GDP and state income from tax revenue. In the state where I live, the government collects 400 million dollars a year from Marjuana sales just based off of the local sales tax, which is double the amount collected from Liquor.

Washington Marijuana Revenues, And Health - Washington State Treasurer.

2 Likes

There’s a recreational drugs tax, but the GDP aspect I don’t think that’s in.

Well, so there would be some organized crime around selling Marijuana illegally, right?

2 Likes

Makes people violent opposed to calm?

Doubtful, cannabis makes people lethargic, hungry and zoned out.

3 Likes

Well, then, I’d say you’ve found your answer to why legal cannabis increase crime if consumers go over the limit.

Not clear, why?

That’s what I’d imagine

1 Like