Water Industry Balance

Water Shortage should impact water industry. Less Water would jack up water prices, hence the revenues of the water industry would rise, but since there is less water to distribute anyways, there’s less water to give for higher prices, hence artificially boosting the water industry (a bubble and eventually a crash) and lead to higher poverty and a crash.

Water subsidies to make water cheaper.

1 Like

Oh my, imagine the government doing water shortages on purpose to pump up the prices.

Here, I’m thinking that state water industry would cost more, right? But they also appear to get rid of the water shortage if you put it on max instead, and if you can see, if you have water shortage the government needs to pay for it either way, so what’s to do here?

1 Like

Private Water Industry, the state is not the only indy for water. Being a mean state would also give more flexibility to the player.

1 Like

Doesn’t appear to work with the logic of the government paying for the water shortage though. :pensive:

1 Like

That’s true, then maybe we could just leave it at inflating the PWI and having a price bubble followed by a crash.

1 Like

Welcome to capitalism

I wonder if state water company would open more possibilities on how the state can use the water, like against desertification threats!

1 Like

Yeah, that’s wuite possible. Water Shortage might be a proxy for that.

I feel that max state water being the resolution of water shortage, would prevent the desertification event from appearing~ that’s if that event exists in Democracy 4 and not only exclusive to Democracy 3 Africa.

Prognosis shows: Torrential rains with a chance of falling meatballs

1 Like

I think that it’s only in D3: Africa, hopefully Cliff could add it in D4 too, due to CC.