What Weapon to use?

i am trying to create a laser that look sliek this stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Wraith_energy_weapon
but i have been unable to find the right weapon to get this right and am wondering if anyoen can point me in the right direction

Just use a bullet type-weapon . someting like this:

[config]
armour_penetration = 50
blasttexture = “turret_gatling_red.dds”
category = “WEAPONS”
classname = “SIM_BulletWeaponModule”
color= 9
cost = 300
crew_required = 18
damage = 180
description = “Testing”
fire_interval = 9300
guiname = “OLE Borg Plasma Launcher”
height = 130
hitpoints = 90
icon = turret
lockable = 0
max_range = 1100
min_range = 400
name = “Borg Plasma Launcher”
optimum_range = 1000
powerconsumed = 25
shield_penetration = 80
size = “CRUISER”
slot_type = TURRET
sound = “Outsiders League/data/sounds/Explosion.mp3”
soundvolume = 8.0
speed = 19
tracking_speed = 0.95
turret_sprite = turret_auto_v1
turretsize = 18
unlockcost = 10000
weight = 120.3
width = 30
uisortpos = 1050
restricted = “Ole”

[dataitems]
0 = cost,DECIMAL
1 = weight,DECIMAL
2 = hitpoints,DECIMAL
3 = powerconsumed,DECIMAL
4 = max_range,DECIMAL
5 = damage,DECIMAL
6 = fire_interval,INTEGER
7 = tracking_speed,DECIMAL
8 = shield_penetration,DECIMAL
9 = armour_penetration,DECIMAL
10 = crew_required,INTEGER
11 = optimum_range,DECIMAL
12 = min_range,DECIMAL

Im not sure about the color to use, i think the only plasma type color that fits with your request is the color 9, or maybe the yellow one, the color 5. If u change the value “height” u can achive to make the effect larger, but i warn you, the larguer u make the effect, the worst will look the effect of the weapon hiting a target. (It is supossed that a big weapon like this will make a giant explosion, but its very weird when u hit and the only thing u can see its a small tiny explosion and 2 pieces of debris crap… lol).

At the moment color = 9 is an invalid id number
Currently the code will only let you use 0 - 8

As Nemesis suggested color 4 or 5 would be your est choices
If you want to make a blue pulse you will have to edit bullet.dds

yup i always forgot start counting from 0… color 8 should be ok.

I actually have created a version of the Wraith Laser in my Tau’ri mod module pack. It has a sound effect with it too, so if you are actually looking to make a Wraith Laser you can simply edit that one. If nothing else it will give you a good starting point for whatever it is you are making.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4604

I couldnt find the wraith laster in the module pack have you released it yet
and my ideas behind this were to just practice my modding i am aware of you
doing the wraith and want to leave it up to you :slight_smile: But i would like to know where you
got the models for the wraith ships as i have only been able to find the ones i have got.

The only way to get top wraith sprites is to search images on google or stargate fan pages -.- like everyone, and if u have sketchup, u can try to render some wraiths models made for some people (and u will get far much better sprites than the 2d usual sprites). Wraith ships are the most difficult to find, as far as i know there are only 2 or 3 regular top ship sprites available. U can try to enchant those sprites, but the problem is they dont have enough resolution for making a good result. I also have 2 hive ship sprites, the dard sprite and the wraith cruiser sprite, all of em picked on sketch up (but they dont have the textures applied yet -.-). I suspect the 2d top image sprites are made from the sketchup 3d models (almost the ones i found time ago) , so if u render the same model with better textures, u will get the best sprite possible.

But a regular “laser” doesnt fit with the wraith burst energy cannon, u need to use a type bullet weapon with colors 4-5 or 6-9. The laser type (colors 0-3) should fit ok in the small version of the weapon, like u can read in the link u wrote in the first post.

Wow… I was completely brain dead last night apparently. It isn’t in the module pack since those are all Tau’ri weapons, but I have created one. Here’s a link to a zip containing the module and the sound effect for it (mediafire.com/?3nderwxzlz4g0uw). I actually pulled the sound effect from an episode of Atlantis where they were fighting a hive ship so its the real sound.

For the Wraith I got a lot of the images from a mod for Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds. They’re not the highest resolution images (most are the minimum 512x512 resolution), but they’re good enough to work for this game. Some people want better images, but my view is that it’s better to have something than nothing.

Thanks for the Link i got all my images from the same mod and they dont look too out of place
good enough to play with anyway besides that i have found nothing
Havent seen anythign for prometheus or the ori although there is a few good aschen
ships on the pegasus chronicles mod

browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&secti … p#/d27xlhv
That is the Hive ship Model i have got its good but i have not tried it ingame

Also i love the weapon woden

On sketchup u have the ori ships , lot of asgard/anciend designs and the prometheus as well, maybe when i have time i will make a render of em and post the results (but of course it will be far better, lets say about 2048x2048). U guys need to understand, a hive ship is very big, let say about 600x600 in game size (it is supossed a hive ship its even bigger than atlantis) , of course if u put a size about 256x256 the sprite will look enough good (but i cant see a hive ship equal in size to a empire cruiser… thats weird).

Bozuken, thats a really good detailed image of the hive ship, but i think that image of devianart has low resolution, i found the same image searching on google but with highter resolution (3500). U should look at it.

Yeh i have had some trouble seperating it form the background. i will have to check sketch up i did nto think of checking it untill you mentiond
it and yes the hive is massive there is a comparison here expono.com/ravencwg/photos/585432/in/library which really shows the scale compared to the
tauri ships and form wodens mod the tauri ships are roughly the same size as the games ship so i dont think real scaling is possible xD woudl be nice though

Is this the image of the hive? fc01.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/ … Wen_JR.jpg It is a nice model although i dotn think it will look right next to the other wraith models i currently have i have a lack of skill in photoshop and probboly will not be able to touchup those models but ill have a play and see if i can improve anything
it is here moddb.com/mods/stargate-empire-at-war/images i got them from i will attempt the wraith dart tomorow as the model is acceptable for it is it possible to change engine sounds at all
it would be nice to hear the darts over the normal sounds

to add another edit their asuran and aschen models are nice as well seems i missed them :slight_smile:

The Daedalus class ship is approximately 225 meters long in the show, and the Hive ships are about 5545m in length (farm1.static.flickr.com/55/15044 … 256e_o.jpg).

How does that look ingame? it looks to me as it would be a bit “fuzzy” From the photo

EDIT: Also on the topic of wraith what have you done in the way of armor and health modules? i have been trying to balance my health regen plus armor and on their own they can be
taken out but spammed its just too hard i dont want to make it cost so much you might as well use shields but i dont want to put em at a disadvantage after all it is the wraiths only strength
the only effective method of the armour i can think of is making it mediocre then give each hull and armor boost based on their size all though i havenot been able to balance the regen around that
else a Destroyer could regen at the same rate as a hive

This is an low resolution isometric view of the prometheus model that u can find on sketch up, i just did a quick render with the default textures, i was going to make the top view too but i dont have enough time right now. But u can imagine. U can apply the textures u want (i have some very good high res textures) and u render the model in a top view, and voila!, u have a high quality resolution sprite of the prometheus.

I haven’t gotten to the point where I’m doing too much with the modules and stats yet, but I’ve gotten one or two done. I’ve got an Organic Armor module that I is balanced against the Ultraheavy Armor module. The Organic Armor has the same weight as the Ultraheavy, costs less (since it’s organic and therefore “grown” by the ships themselves), and is a bit weaker (once again since it is organic it’s not quite as good as actual armor). I haven’t completely decided that I’m going to leave it this way since I’ve been toying with the idea of making it a double armor/single slot module (double armor, double weight, double cost) since organic armor throughout a ship, in reality, would be less obtrusive then armor plating creating more space for additional modules. Along with the Organic Armor I’ve created a Wraith Regeneration Unit that is a repair module. It will have a higher repair capacity than others, will repair slower, weigh less, but require lots of power (going with the premise of the Ancient healing device from SG1 where it is more energy based rather than supply based). The power requirement will make it pretty much necessary to have a ZPM powered Super-Hive in order to run the regenerator as well as all of it’s weapons.

In the future I’ll probably through together some weapons (bio weapons, new lasers, possibly poor copies of Tau’ri/Ancient tech) along with a specialized Drone Bay crew module, and specialized engines.

Cannot wait for you to release the wraith how long do you think untill it is ready?

Also thats a great prometheus model cant wait to see that either xD

I am not the one whos working on the stargate mod, i just posted that prometheus model like an example on wat u can find searching on sketch up. I am not working on that sprite -.-

yeah i know was just speaking generally