64 Bracket Single Elimination Tournament?

I ran my side for match 2; my fleet won with 33% left, then I decided to run three out of five just to be sure. Tokimo’s fleet won the second engagement 47%/21%, and I won three and four with 48% left.

Haven’t found Lonestar’s fleet yet, so I’ll get to that as soon as I can. :slight_smile:

Getting ready to put them up now.

4610613 has DCL that I do not have. Can someone please post a Sac-1 map with only the starting races and stuff as I have ZERO dlc Or can you put on up of my fleets that I have sent to you follick? Since you also have all the goodies needed to remake my fleet deployments and such.

I went to confirm this but I forgot to save my fleet, so Artos will have to have the final say. : D

I wish I could see the battle fold out. LOL

This was awesome, we should do more of these.

4586600 was a Fed deploy, you can try that.

youtube.com/watch?v=o2iuDJtCZOc

:smiley: If I shouldn’t be FRAPSing this, let me know and I’ll pull the video.

Also, 123stw, your fleet is unstoppable. I ran three out of five vs. your 2nd fleet, and lost three times; the best I did was to bring your fleet down to 90%. Match five goes to 123stw. :slight_smile:

Then, since I had already lost, I started trying other fleets to beat yours, and still couldn’t break 90%. I’m probably completly on the wrong track; how am I supposed to counter those cruisers?

(youtube.com/watch?v=50xrdmrKG0E if you want to watch one of Match 5’s sets, and see my fleet get creamed)
(My frigates more or less melt when they get in range of the beam lasers, and my fighters only bring down one cruiser before they’re reduced to space dust)

Artos, does you fleet have a lot of ships set on rescuer?

Don’t think too much of it, Tribe is really that overpowered.

You can try beating fleet 3 first which runs on similar concept, but much more balanced since it’s swarm. I think disruptor beams are underrated.

There is also the “I have more plasma than you” approach, basically using 100% plasma to outgun me in long range. but since that wouldn’t work against most other fleets I was quite confident that it won’t be in the tournament.

Only the EMP frigates, most of the fighters are set to vulture, and the other frigates are co-operative.

Also, haven’t been able to run my fleet vs. Lonestar; even if I win, though, 123stw’s swarm fleet beat mine pretty handily. :slight_smile:

I am having dificulties getting a challange out to both gunnyfrek and artos i am sorry but it is proving a little diffacult to get done due to internet troubles once more at home. I am attempting to get it done as we speak but its proving unreleably. as right now my upload speed has dropped to 0.05 Mb while it normaly is upwards of 1 Mb.

Lonestar is DROPPING from the Tournament. . . As much as I want to stay troubles with getting my fleets up and college are preventing me from doing what I need. UNLESS someone would like to put up my fleets for me that would be good.

Interesting. I’m not sure why your ships left alone my big fat freedom cruiser then. That was supposed to die first so the Utopias had time to close and shoot.

There were one or two fights where the big cruiser died first. Is it faster than the other ones? Alternatively, if the Utopias came to a stop and the Freedom is still moving, that’d make them a higher priority target (if the Freedom is moving fast enough to give it a lower hit chance than the Utopias have base, standing still)

The Freedom was faster and set to keep moving while the Utopias I believe were not set to keep moving.

Yea, that would do it. When they stop moving they become an easier target

I apologize, but due to being in the middle of a move, my internet access is limited. I’m basically using my phone connected to a netbook.
I was unable to retrieve Lonestar’s files. The link appears to be down.
Here is where we are at:
First Round:

1 Artos-2
2 Artos-1
3 gunnyfreak-1

Second Round:

4 123stw-1 vs. gunnyfreak-1
5 123stw-2
6 123stw-3 vs. Artos-2
7 berny-1

Third Round - Semifinals:

8 Match 4 winner vs. berny-1
9 123stw-2 vs. Match 6 winner

Fourth Round - Championship:

10 Match 8 winner vs. Match 9 winner

Can’t find GunnyFreak’s challenge.

And I won #6 on my test.

Ehyea, 123stw won. :slight_smile:

Do we know who won Match 4?

Berny

Gunnyfreak posted his challenge privately to me but never publicly. I guess I could call it a forfeit or I could ask 123stw for his files and run the challenge myself or I could give him more time. In this case however, having looked at both fleets, any way I would do it 123stw would win. So I declare 123stw-1 the winner of match 4.

That leaves the semifinals as:

8 123stw-1 vs. berny-1
9 123stw-2 vs. 123stw-3

good luck

I note that these were the top 4 seeded fleets.

Fleet 1 vs Berry, I got 2 out of 5. Again seems to be fairly even. So depends on what results he gets I guess.

Fleet 2 easily crush fleet 3. No surprises there.

5 battles, 3 wins 2 losses and 1 crash. Against 321stw’s fleet 1
1W 44-15
2L 0-36
3W 31-7
4L 0-62
5W 57-16

Unfortunaly my fleet is not well positioned initially and if the 2 CL cruisers are unable to inflict enough damage 123stw wins. Also in the two losing battles my airforce is beaten to submission before the cruisers are taken down - but on the wins the airforce survives. I find it strange that there can be very despairing results - fleet 4 compared to 5.

Berny

Edit

5 Battles, 4 wins 1 loss to 123stw’s fleet 2.
1W 75-14
2L 0-54
3W 55-13
4W 61-15
5W 62-14

I found this fleet 2 was easier than fleet 1. My CL’s had no PD against missiles and thats what hurt them when going against fleet 1. Fleet 2 seemed to have more Plasma which the fast CL’s were able to go through much quicker. They still died early on but at least they got their guns going.

Berny