Aegis Democracy 3 Mod Editor v0.25

First of all - thanks for a great modding tool! Really helpful :slight_smile:

When I load a country however, I get an error that apathy and economic cycle can be either 0 or 1 and the program doesn’t accept other values for them?

The program accepts all values between 0 and 1 for this both parameters. So for example 0,3 is an accepted value.

If you have the values between 0 and 1, and you still get this error, pls let me see the country file, so I can test what is wrong.

Very cool tool. I’ve allready started working for mods. Thank you very much.
Anxiously waiting for furder updates:)
Edit: Tried a quick test county after saved and put it in the mods folder cant seem to find my test country at start. Am I doing somethng wrong?

Hi Ruzen,

the current version v0.21 is not saving in a mod filestructure and it doesn’t create the modfile.
v0.25 which is hopefully coming tomorrow afternoon will have a own “Mod” Section, with a Save All button to create the whole file structure needed.

So for now, you can create that on your own:
Modfile → Should be in folder “\data\mods”
Here’s the needed file content:

[config]
name = "Testcountry"
path = "Testcountry"
guiname = "Test Country"
author = "<YOUR NAME>"
description = "Description, fill out what you want"

Then inside your Democracy 3 directory, create a folder “Testcountry”, then inside create “data”, inside that “missions”, inside that a folder “Testcountry”, and finally in this folder you can put your countryfile.
(will by <YOUR D3 Install\Testcountry\data\missions\Testcountry\testcountry.txt)

(policies will be there inside the filestructure <YOUR D3 Install\Testcountry\data\simulation\policies.csv)

If that’s way to complex or you just don’t want to create that manually, then wait for v 0.25.

EDIT: Take care with the country-“names file”, if this is not pointing to a valid namesfile, the game can crash on startup.
If setting to “data\names<country>names.txt”, it will point to the games namesfiles. (for example uknames.txt)

Thanks for fast responce. I’ll wait for the next update than. Meanwhile I am going to research more and more :slight_smile:

Could it be that in policies the COST MULITPLIER will not displayed?

I’m currently testing v 0.25 and there is some issue with Cost Multiplier and Income Multiplier.

I checked now with v 0.21, it’s true, the cost multiplier is not displayed.
Added to current issues.

Version 0.25 is released now :slight_smile:

This are the new features compared with v0.21:

• Load Mod/Save Mod/Save All -> with this you can now save your mod with the correct filestructure
  • Green/Red borders around most input elements showing valid state -> can be turned off in config.txt (ShowBorders)
    -> no more message boxes on wrong typing
  • € sign is now loaded and saved correct
  • File dialog now for all images
  • Policies can load an icon
  • Policies: Possibility to load additional sliders and additional effects
  • Complex Formula Dialog for Income Multiplier and Cost Multiplier
  • Most known issues from v0.21 fixed (some dialogs still not remember the last directory)

There are some minor issues in this version, which are listed in the second post of this thread,
this issues will be solved in next release which is v 0.26

Please also submit your vote on the new poll I made, this gives me some direction how I should
design Simulations & Situations.

As the game itself is cross-platform it would be nice to build a cross platform editor too. Because of the .NET 4.5 requirement, this tool does not run under wine, so there is no way to use it on linux.

I have some years of QT-development knowledge, and would help to port the editor from .NET to something more, uhm, compatible. C++ with Qt is what i would use.

If you are interested, just PM me :wink:

Nice changes. Tried to test another country couldnt work it out but gona try it out later. About policies is there a way to change the starting value?
Edit: About the interface I think more features should be main focus. For ex. [ adding comples situations(good or bad), dillema, voter types(percentage), cabinet members].
…but I guess It will be cool If there were a faster way to find policies at policies tab. Just like at country/policies search thing. I dont know the term of that box.

how to download ?

Use this modding tool http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=8689