AI mod for fleet creation?

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but I just started playing.

Is there a way to hook into the fleet creation process via an external program?

This is what I would like to do:

1. Programmatically create a fleet
  2. Play against another fleet and get the results
  3. Repeat

Thanks!

This would be awesome…

The way i create fleets to go up against is i use the games fleet deployment screen.
From there i save my deployment open it in a text editor to tweak it (change names, angle the ships are facing etc)
Then use it in one of my custom senarios . .

Its a manual process, but it works :slight_smile:

I think Darkstar was more hoping to be able to write programs to explore GSB fleet design space, a la evolutionary computing. It’s a really fun thing to play with.

Well, I could create the fleet text file programmatically. However, I don’t see any way to “run” a battle programmatically (through some command line argument maybe?) I also don’t see that the results of the battle are written out anywhere. If I had those two small things, I accomplish automated battles.

I am doing AI machine learning research, so I can’t use a manual process. I would like to be able to run thousands and thousands of battles (preferably with no GUI at all)

A macro program would let you run it programmatically. Some of them can hook back into other programs running on the computer. AutoHotKey comes to mind. (Of course, you really need a 5000%+ battle speed to be able to do generations worth beans).