AOE weapons to make kamikaze fighters?

-AOE weapon
-short/no range
-high damage (enough to kill the fighter)

theory: fighter flies up to opponent, fires the weapon and blows up from the blast. but does AOE damage the ship that fired the weapon? more tests required.

OMFG! this is awesome!

[code][config]
armour_penetration = 50
category = “WEAPONS”
classname = “SIM_BulletWeaponModule”
color = 6
cost = 11
crew_required = 0
damage = 100
payload = FLAK
aoe_radius = 150
aoe_scalar = 1.0
description = “blow em up before they blow you up.”
fire_interval = 50
guiname = “kami”
height = 5
hitpoints = 2
icon = turret
lockable = 0
max_range = 50
min_range = 0
name = “kami”
optimum_range = 10
powerconsumed = 2
shield_penetration = 50
size = “FIGHTER”
slot_type = TURRET
sound = data/sounds/explosion_destruction_cruiser1.ogg
soundvolume = 1
speed = 8
tracking_speed = 3.0
turret_sprite = “turret_bull_v4”
turretsize = 0
unlockcost = 0
weight = 1.2
width = 1.0
uisortpos = 999

[dataitems]
0 = cost,DECIMAL
1 = weight,DECIMAL
2 = hitpoints,DECIMAL
3 = powerconsumed,DECIMAL
4 = max_range,DECIMAL
5 = damage,DECIMAL
6 = fire_interval,INTEGER
7 = tracking_speed,DECIMAL
8 = shield_penetration,DECIMAL
9 = armour_penetration,DECIMAL
10 = crew_required,INTEGER
11 = optimum_range,DECIMAL
12 = min_range,DECIMAL
[/code]

OMG! Awesome idea!! :smiley:
It works? If yes… YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! xD

it works pretty good. the problem is with the ai. because the module requires such short range, its hard to get the fighters to fly close enough…

try the module code that i posted. it should work with that code :wink:

Works pretty good, and it is very fun to use, the main problem with this weapon is the obvious loosing of crew, and at the same time it has a limited effectiveness, also it reproduces pretty good the original japanese kamikazes since a strong anti-fighter formation can destroy some scuadrons before reaching the closest hull (mainly talking about Praetorian Industries because they have long range anti fighter weapons). But after the fighters reach the critical point everything depends of if the pilot can “hit” the ship, or in our case it depends of how fast the targeting AI can detect, Aim and fire at the enemy.

Almost completly useless gainst cruisers, moderatedly useful against frigates and EXTREMELY effective (if not overpowered) against ANY number of enemy fighter scuads, it’s something like “Come, if more than better!”

well, oboviously that module is OP. i was just testing it to see if it worked at all. feel free to use that module and modify it however you want. im not gonna use it for the deserters or the USSN. i might make something for the Drones, but i think im gonna skip the USSN/Drone for gsb and make them for GTB instead.

Praetorian Industries already have Kamikaze modules for Target Dummy Ships, and they and the Drones are the only AI controlled AND/OR remotely controlled, any other hull with the possibility of be used for kamikaze missions with all of its crew goes against everything what is Praetorian Industries, ironically they are bellical stuff sellers who value a lot the life of their comrades and (a bit) the life of their enemies.

Now when we talk about “The Plague” i think that this weapon is perfect, they are horrible swarms of semi-intelligent insectoid beasts that loves to kill and expand their territory without care the life of their allies.

Hmmm…with AOE weapons it should also be possible to make mines of some sort.
Zero engine and a very close range AOE weapon. When the enemy comes to close BUM.

Just had an idea- perimeter defence systems. Just make a weapon with aoe and position it around the edge of the shield- when a ship gets near, BAM! it’s either destroyed or pushed to the edges of the map (or not, if you balance it). It’d be really useful for massive leviathans.

I love the mine idea allot!

OMG, we can make rube goldberg machines with aoe mines!

Damnit! Randy! You…little…mindeader…asian… you just showed ideas that i tried to make reality long long ago with standard bullets! lol, well at least now they are possible xd

Stop reading my mind! :B