Arcade mode CAPTAIN MODE

Hey there, I’m just thinking,

since this is not an rts like game, wouldn’t it be cool to be able to do something else?
an ability to directly controll one vessel arcade shooter style! with arrows to steer directly, different buttons to fire
the various weapons! with tab to swich between targets and the controll button to give the firing order

And you’d be able to go one on one in this one, or perhaps with several friends flying different ships/ fighter squadrond one at a time. You’d just have a friend slowly guiding a cruiser towards it’s path, and you’d have little football mach’s like that…
Waching it back should still be possible ofcource, and it’d have a high youtube vallue to show this off.
you’d be playing the game with 8 players per side. with various ranks per player…
just…one ship, one squardon, think about it Cliffsky!

Sounds Greaaat! but the coding may be a nightmare to get it right.

I LOVE the idea but as a want to be programing it sounds like a headache waiting to happen.

People that have no clue about programming should stop saying such things as “The coding might be a nightmare!!”.

Dude, STFU I’m in college learning to program so turn around and walk away with your lips shut. Thank you very much. . . .

well, obviously if you’re still learning you shouldn’t make such statements as you still don’t have much of a clue.

Gonna have to agree with Lonestar here. Having a small amount of programming knowledge does in fact qualify you to estimate when the coding for something may be more trouble than it’s worth. It does not qualify you to assert that the coding will be more trouble than it’s worth.

Even a little experience programming will prove to you that sometimes even apparently simple things balloon into godawful tangles of work.

My 2 cents anyway.

Thank You for your support,

This is the second college were I have learned how to program the first one was in a tech school and I know how hard something can easly get into and I belive I have the knowledge to say that the coding will be a nightmear soo I will once more point to the second post and just walk away.

Gotta go with lonestar on this one (2 years of C coding experience, or just enough to know that i would NOT want to do this on my own!)