Campaign Error Mac OSX Steam DL

Apologies if there’s already a topic for this, I did a search for my error code and nothing came up

Mac mini 2010
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4gb RAM

downloaded via Steam
Full 1.55.2
originally purchased Collector’s Edition
purchased and installed Nomads & Galactic Conquest

A few days ago I received a smilar error while trying to load a saved campaign (Captain and now Admiral difficulties):

Error
Failed to find race:/Development/Positech/GSB/GSB/…/src code 23rd jan 2010/SIM_Race.cpp 130

My previous troubleshooting involved buying and downloading the Nomad’s pack, deleting all associated files (first using Steam’s built in delete too, then going through the Library folder), and reinstalling.

I have not altered any of the files. I’m using a completely Vanilla installation.

Are there any other steps I can take to help resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Did you delete your personal data for the game, or just the install files? They are in different locations.

It sounds like you’ve either had a mod installed and then removed it, or a different race has somehow found its way into your downloaded challenges or the GC system. This would lead to save files which refer to a race you no longer have available. If you don’t mind going hunting, then you could probably find the particular file which refers to them. I don’t know the Mac location for your personal data myself unfortunately.

Try deleting the GratuitousSpaceBattles folder that you’ll find in /Users//Library/Preferences. That should do it.

Thank you for your replies.

I have only used official releases. No mods whatsoever.

I have previously removed that folder (I used Steam’s option to Delete Local Content and then manually deleted the /Users//Library/Preferences/GratuitousSpaceBattles); and the issue re-emerged.

I’ll delete it again and restart my campaign again, but, sadly, that’s what I’ve done in the past w/o success. Each time I’ve received an error, I’ve clicked the option it gives me to email the error. I will report back in a few days if it works or not.

I’ve gone hunting in the package folders to find the exact file/folders listed, to no avail.

My instincts make me wonder if capturing enemy ships has anything to do with it. I could potentially attempt to back up the campaign before/after capturing enemy ships to see if that has anything to do with it.