Can Not Open Democracy Linux

Hi dudes,

I already installed Demoracy 3 on my computer. I use Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, when I try to open the game by clicking on the starter, nothing happens. Any ideas what would solve out the problem? Im a newbie on Ubuntu/Linux im only able to use the commands u give me and to type that into a terminal^^
So please explain me what I have exactly to do :wink:

greets and thanks in advance for your help,
lalala

First thing is to go into a terminal (or your file browser) and navigate to the ~/.local/share/democracy3 folder and paste the contents of the files that are in the debug folder. Also see if there is a crash.log. (note ~ is your home directory)

First thank u for the answer, but when i go to ~/.local/share there is no democracy3 folder. Maybe thats why i cant open the game. But i found one in ./usr/local/games, but there is no debug folder :confused:

OH… you installed the game into /usr/local/games ? The current build doesn’t work in a read-only directory… the 1.11 patch (this weekends task) fixes this. A quick workaround is to remove the txt files from the /usr/local/games/Democracy3/data/fonts/ folder.

I tried to remove the txt files from the /usr/local/games/Democracy3/data/fonts/ folder, but it doesnt work because i dont have access rights for it. So i installed the game two times again: in my home directory and in ~/.local/share but it still doesnt work. I also cant deinstall the game from any folder -.-

you should NOT install the game to ~/.local/share… that is where user specific files (e.g. save games) are saved…

How did you install the game in to /usr/local/games in the first place if you don’t have permissions? Also, there is an uninstall script that is placed with the game install… simply run that (use sudo for the one in /usr/local/games )

when is atrting installing i had two options where to save the game files, in /usr/local/games and in my home directory. I dont know why i can install it there, like i said im a newbie.
The problem is when i try to use the uninstall script, the same gui like the installation gui opens and than it says that it unistalls, but it doesnt -.-

Alternative to uninstalling is simply deleting the entire directory. then reinstall the game into your home directory. Now are you running the installer AS root? or as a normal user? You should be running it as a normal user.

Im running the installer as a normal user

when I try to open the game by clicking on the starter, nothing happens. Any ideas what would solve out the problem? Im a newbie on Ubuntu/Linux im only able to use the commands …