Cancel policy cost

I’m experimenting (testing tomorrow) a change that makes policies easier to cancel if already set to low levels. Previously every policy had a fixed cancellation cost.

My current plan is to do this:

The cancel cost is 25% of the original cancel cost plus 75% scaled by the current value. If thats less than 1, then its 1. If its les than the 'lower by 10% or less) cost, its set to that lower by 10% cost.

Example 1:
Policy cancel cost is 40. Lowering by 10% is 16. Current value is 0.5
Cancel cost is thus 10 (25%) + 20 (0.5 * 40).
so cancel cost is 30. Thats > 16 so its fine

Example 2:
Policy cancel cost is 40. Lowering by 10% is 16. Current value is 0.1
Cancel cost is thus 10 (25%) + 4 (0.1 * 40).
so cancel cost is 14. Thats < 16 so the final cost is 16.

This is just my internal stuff, obviously the game just shows you the current cost of cancelling :smiley:
I’ll be playtesting this tomorrow internally, but thought I’d let people know what I was working on, so they could offer opinions. I know a number of people here, and on youtube have suggested this needed to be adjusted.

5 Likes

That’s a great change. Makes a lot of sense to have, say, death penalty be very much cancleable if commitment is already low.

Policy cancel cost is 40. Lowering by 10% is 16. Current value is 1
Cancel cost is thus 10 (25%) + 40 (1 * 40).
so cancel cost is 50. Thats > 16 so the final cost is 50.

I guess upper claming also would be needed so cancel cost never is higher than original cancel cost.

2 Likes

Ha, i had not thought of that, although I suspect no policy has a cancel cost below its reduce cost.