[Fixed 1.05][Bug 1.04] complete crash - map editor

Hi Cliff,

found a bug while trying to edit a map.

postimg.org/image/8v5pfwfpp/

Basically, i tried to make a new area on the map and the first time it drew 2 of the 4 sides of the box, and didn’t shade the area. the second time i overlayed that, the box completed correctly, but i couldnt remove the original versions side walls (drawing and deleting didnt work).

I was going to raise as a visual only bug, but then i got the above error whenever i tried to load a map. Only fix was an uninstall/reinstall.

This can be replicated by drawing a box that starts within/overlaps an existing box. The first time you do this you only get two of the side walls:

postimg.org/image/w4w7ls6x3/ - This is a playable map, the visual artifacts only show up in the map editor.

However, if you overlay with another window:
postimg.org/image/igxb4gnl9/ you crash the game when trying to load that map and there is no fix (i can find) other than reinstall.

EDIT – turns out this is possibly caused by drawing a box that starts in the top right hand corner, and pulling down and left, rather than the top left hand corner and pulling down and right.

It can also be caused by starting in the bottom left and pulling up and right, if you start in the bottom right and pull up/left nothing happens.

Regards,

Hi, thanks for reporting this. TBH the m,ap editor was left in almost by mistake, I had forgotten about it, and it was definitely not tested for usability in any sense! a more polished version will come, but yes, right now it has a ton of quirks and issues.