[Fixed 1.07][Bug 1.01] "No room to TrashLowPriorityResource from stockpile..\src\SIM_ResourceStockpile.cpp 384/389"

I encountered this bug after removing the majority of my (very small) factory and rebuilding it completely. The game crashes afterwards. This error pops up every time i reload the game.

Just had the same issue. Split up my congested line beginning from engine assembly. After that it crashed and whenever I load the last autosave, it crashes after a few seconds.

While playing my game crashed with the following error: “No room to TrashLowPriorityResource from stockpile: …\src\SIM_ResourceStockpile.cpp 384”. I then loaded a save from a while before the crash and now the game crashes instantly after loading the save.

Hi Cliff

I know this has been reported before - but ive sat around and tried to isolate the things leading to the crash (and had it crash myself during my normal gameplay hence my interest)

Steps to recreate

Have an import slot with an existing long queue of items pending delivery (long enough that a new order from a new station doesnt ship immediately)
Create a station which offers an upgrade (eg fit Trunks with the option of powered tailgate)
Allow the station to order its 16 Trunks (but as the import slot is busy none yet enter the game world)
Pause the game
Upgrade the station such that it now requires a different additional resource to complete the task (like the servo for powered tailgate)
Unpause
Wait about 30 seconds
Crash

Ive tested with a brand new factory built in 1.04 with just research labs to get me the tech for an upgrade and a few slots setup to create the queue at the socket (but did the test prior to a single car being produced on the line)

Debug Log Entry
1/2/2017 - 17::15 - No room to TrashLowPriorityResource from stockpile:…\src\SIM_ResourceStockpile.cpp 384

Windows Report
Faulting application name: ProductionLine.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5891f5e2
Faulting module name: ProductionLine.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5891f5e2
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x000aae20

I had just added a third car body line and upgraded it to max, all while paused, and the moment I resumed the game I got the following error:

The game closed as soon as I hit “OK”.

Hi, I am looking into this right now. I think almost all the crash bugs right now have the same cause, and I’m rewriting all that code…

This Crash still exists in 1.05

The way to create it during normal gameplay doesnt involve pausing (the pausing just makes recreation easier)

To recreate

game unpaused
just having a busy import port - with a queue
placing a new station which is connected to that import port (say over an existing conveyor - or replace one thats already in the factory)
very quickly select an upgrade that involves having another part (like say a servo) at the station (this is done prior to any parts for that station making it into the game world via the import socket)
crash

The debug log error is slightly different - now
6/2/2017 - 13::57 - No room to TrashLowPriorityResource from stockpile:…\src\SIM_ResourceStockpile.cpp 389

Faulting application name: ProductionLine.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x58972eb3
Faulting module name: ProductionLine.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x58972eb3
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x000ab2d8
Faulting process ID: 0x1bcc

A picture tells a thousand words. After starting my reshuffling of my factory I get the error message shown in the png file. Attaching savefile where its triggering straight off the bat in 1.06.

Last thing I remember doing is adding a connection between two chunks of (resource) conveyer lines.
autosave.xml (768 KB)

+1

I just fixed this :smiley: it will be in 1.07. FWIW Here is how:
positech.co.uk/cliffsblog/2017/0 … a-bug-fix/