[FIXED] Serious Problem... :( (with PC version)

For some reason now, whenever I go to the ship design screen (or any battle, i.e. after the deployment screen) the screen shows for a split second, then goes black. I can still click things; I can still hear things; but I can’t see anything! Only black :frowning:

No errors to speak of. DirectX is up-to-date. I tried a reinstall, but it doesn’t work. I’ll try everything I can, i.e. turning off graphical options, reducing the window size, but this is a serious flaw… that’s serious. Has anyone else gotten this… EVER? And can someone help? :frowning:

EDIT: I fiddled with everything I could, the graphics, the window size… it’s ridiculous. Why is this happening?

Try moving everything out of the Documents/GSB file path.

Do you think I would’ve posted this if I hadn’t tried that already? By fresh install, I mean FRESH. Problem persists.

Compy specs please?

nothing got updated since it did work, but I’ll post anyway:

Running a Mac OS X Snow Leopard with PC emulation (tried Mac version, really didn’t work well at all)

Processor 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Chipset Model NVIDIA GeForce GT 120

Very weird Hybrinoid since GSB has been running perfectly on your system until now
Any idea what has changed in the last week ?

At the moment the only thing i can suggest is what you have probally tried already

• video card updates (have you updated recently ?)
  • disabling virus scanner etc

Try setting the affinity of the process to only one core.

the only thing that changed wasn’t my hardware… it was crossover (my emulator).

It’s bottles (what I use to open certain applications) stayed in the stage of “Initializing” so they couldn’t do anything. To fix the problem, it got updated. GSB stopped working then. I can’t imagine how the simple update would make the game unplayable :frowning:

Have you set the affinity to only one core?

hehehe… looks like I don’t need to anymore. the problem with crossover is explained here; the problem i had with crossover games has been there for ages! however, a very helpful new thread

( viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5096 )

helped me solve my crossover games problem! YAAA HOOO! WOO HOO! OH YEAH! OH F***IN YEAH!

LOLD.
Which one? Please do tell.

well, I don’t know what was wrong with Crossover, but with Crossover Games the 3D Engine thing was the problem. I was baffled, because I had latest directX on both Crossover and CG.