Groups

I’m going to make a presumption here that some groups are, by their definition, mutually exclusive. Such as Poor, Middle Income and Wealthy, and Motorists and Commuters.

In one of my games I managed to eliminate the Poor group (so no policy would ever make someone in my country poor (any percentage increase of 0 is still 0)).

But when someone stops being poor they move up to middle income. They just disapear out of these groups. So I don’t recieve any increase in income tax. :frowning:

And when someone stops being a motorist, they don’t become a commuter, and what’s more the money they used to spend on petrol and cars seems to disapear out of the economy.

Or when the retired group increases neither state pensions, nor free bus passes seem to increase in costs.

And on a side note, GDP or Average income, doesn’t seem to be very dependent on business cycles. So when the world economy collapses the countries economy seems to remain stable.

I read that the makers of Democracy were wanting to make a second game. So these are just my musings on things that could be looked at for the next game.

However, I do appreciate the thought that has already gone into Democracy. Good idea, good game. :slight_smile:

whoops, meant to be logged on for that post.

the global economy DOES affect GDP, but if you want it to have more effect, you can turn up the ‘volatility’ slider under options.
Yes, the group memberships arent mutually exclusive, that needs looking at in a future patch. It should be quite easy to link those policies to group memberships, I’ll take a look at that after the next game is done!