This mod enables Teenage Pregnancy as an issue within the game. It affects your standings with Parents, Youths and the Religious, as well as causing unemployment.
The new policy, Sexual Education, has also been enabled as a method of countering the issue.
Based on a suggestion by Dem3Fan2871.
- Version 1.0: 27/10/2013
- First Version.
- Teenage Pregnancy, stats and graphic introduced.
- Sexual Education, stats and graphic introduced.
If you have any suggestions for features or updates that you would like me to incorporate, please leave a comment.
Feedback is also greatly appreciated.
To install, simply open the RAR file and drag all of the contents into your “Democracy 3\data\mods” folder.
I’ve tried this out now and I have a couple of comments. First of all, I think it’s good. I like the icon and the descriptions, and the effects seem to make sense and are reasonably balanced. As for suggestions (and you should feel free to ignore any/all of these):
- The policy is very expensive. It costs more than Free School Meals or Adult Education! I’d suggest maybe a quarter of the current price?
- Possibly add some negative opinion for conservatives? Not as much as religious, but a little (particularly at higher levels, like giving out contraceptives).
- I think maybe the health and unemployment are a little big at the moment? Not horribly so, but I’d tone them down a little bit.
- It seems odd that alcohol law increases teenage pregnancy regardless of where you set it. This isn’t a big problem, it just looks a bit odd.
- I wonder if abortion law should affect teenage pregnancy? I know that it doesn’t stop them getting pregnant, but more relaxed abortion law would reduce the number of children born to teenage parents.
- I kind of think that teenage pregnancy would work better as a situation than as a simulation value? This wouldn’t take a big change really, but I think it would make more sense? Then it’s something people are worried about when there’s a lot of it, and fades into the background when there isn’t.
Anyway, I hope that’s helpful. Nice work with the mod generally, thanks.
Thanks alot for the feedback El. I definitely agree with the majority of what you’re saying, and thank you for explicitly describing it in such detail.
Will work on updating fairly soon.