[Mod] The 3xper1ment4l era BETA v0.29a (Mod Stopped)

Eagerly awaiting it :smiley: it’s one of my fave mods up to now, looking forward to the update!

Could you repackage these with JUST the capital and cruiser hulls, no modules?
I’m considering making a thread that just details the large-ship hulls added xD

Posting to say that the patch was supposed to be finished TWO WEEKS AGO, but I haven’t got much time to finish it completely D: I’ll see if this weekend I can get it done.

Um, well the capital ships are just dreadnoughts, there’s bigger stuff planed for this mod that has to be finished yet :stuck_out_tongue:
When I finish with the update which fixes size & explosions of them and adds more hulls I’ll get around to packing only that.

Ah, thanks. I downloaded a version of your mod over the summer and felt your capital ships and additional cruisers were quite balanced (as in, not 100% of the time better then the other ones i used)

Argh! I didn’t end up doing much of 3xper1ment4l this weekend so no update yet (I need to finish coding the damage of a couple of hulls yet ¬¬). At this rate I think the mod will hit v1.00 by the year 2020. >.<

It’s good to know they are more or less balanced, obviously I need to fix the stats of the Spartan dreadnought because they were made referencing some stuff rather than trying to be balanced. And probably add a cost boost to Whale due to the big hp bonus it has.

When I have all ships added I will have a better look to how well balanced they are before making any change.

Honestly your capital ships could probably use some capital weapons, but those are VERY hard to balance, esp. within the cruiser category :confused:

True, the plan is to get some weapons and modules for destroyers and dreadnoughts but the obvious problem is that then anyone can grab them and place them in normal frigates/cruisers unless I put horrendous power requirements. Then, Spartan with its new size would wipe an entire imperial fleet when exploding.

All that is something I’ll get around when I finish with the ships I have to add yet.

BTW, the lack of updates is mainly due to university, guild wars and my crazy mind that has ideas for 1 new mod for gsb per day. Those ideas will end up included in 3xper1ment4l or for different future mods, depends on how crazy they are :slight_smile:

I wish you would not pursue a higher education, so I can pursue mine while playing with your mod.

this may be somewhat evil, but then that is the general effect of wearing a labcoat.

F*** this, I’ll release what I’ve got done. I have been holding my stuff for [size=150]4 months D:[/size]

So…

[size=200]The 3xper1ment4l era BETA v0.29a is here![/size]

I’ve rewritten the whole first post and added a new Introduction (which I keep thinking is too damn long).
If any author of the mods mentioned in that post doesn’t want to have his mod name there, PM me and I’ll change it with something invented. Consider that what’s written there doesn’t have anything to do with the story of other mods, I only used the information from them as a reference for what I’ve written.

In the readme are instructions of how to change the explosion sequence of hulls in the case you don’t like it or your pc can’t handle them. At this moment, the “Classic Explosions” AddOn is made with placeholder explosions copy&pasted from other files, in a later version I’ll change the sequence to have more variety.

A summary of the changelog down here:

• Added prefix ‘exp’ to some files and code (to avoid file conflicts with other mods, e.g. in the case someone else also creates an orange beam)
  • Upgraded quality of corvette hulks (increased the size of the sprite x2)
  • Added the Rebel Gorgon Corvette hull
  • Added the Rebel Perseus Corvette hull
  • Added the Alliance Mosquito Corvette hull
  • Added the Alliance Anglerfish Corvette hull
  • Changed the railgun to a bullet weapon
  • Rebalanced some modules
  • Changes in ‘Corvette Armour’ (Federation):
    ·· Decreased cost from 32 to 29
    ·· Decreased weight from 21 to 6.5
    ·· Increased damage absorbable from 13 to 15
  • Changes in ‘Corvette Light Missile Launcher’ (Federation):
    ·· Increased damage from 5 to 12
  • Changes in ‘Fighter Machine Gun’ (Rebel):
    ·· Increased max range from 230 to 250
    ·· Increased optimum range from 160 to 183
    ·· Increased hitpoints from 4 to 4.7
    ·· Decreased fire interval from 50 to 20
    ·· Decreased salvo size from 20 to 10
    ·· Increased damage from 0.5 to 0.8
  • Changes in ‘Frigate Light Machine Gun’ (Rebel):
    ·· Decreased fire interval from 75 to 35
    ·· Decreased weight from 21 to 15.5
    ·· Decreased salvo size from 12 to 8
    ·· Increased damage from 1 to 2
    ·· Increased tracking speed from 2.1 to 2.55
  • Changes in ‘Frigate Shotgun Cannon’ (Rebel):
    ·· Decreased weight from 33 to 25
  • Changes in ‘Fighter Solar Panel’ (Empire):
    ·· Decreased power consumed from -1.3 to -2.6
  • Added 2 more Armour modules for Federation Corvettes.
  • Added Corvette laser to Federation Corvettes
  • Added Fusion Torpedos to Alliance fighters
  • Added Mircobeams to Imperial fighters
  • Added Shields to Imperial fighters
  • Added new sounds for the new Rebel weapons
  • Resized the dreadnoughts
  • Updated ALL the explosions of the 3xper1ment4l hulls

Thanks to all the people who posted wanting a next version :wink:

I didnt tried it yet, but very good job, improving the original races is always good! about the explosions, its better a good looking explosion sequence that having variety of explosion types. For example, i changed the explosion sequence of my ship hulls with almost only smallglare explosions and 2 or 3 frigate debris between em till the startbreakup, when i put the blastglare, angle debris and plumes in case of cruisers. The final result has not too much variety but it looks awesome -.- in some cases, the final result is like a chain reaction that fits very well on the ships.

I hope to try this soon, and give u feedback. Right now, i really dont have enough time to test it in the right way, too much to do and no enough time at all…

I’ve just read that Mac versions need the sprites in .png and not .dds in order to work… I may try to upload a Mac version of this mod later with the sprites converted. Is there any other change in the files of the Mac version of GSB?

Well, when I was refering to variety for the “Classic explosions” I was meaning that they will be made similar to the original short explosion typical of GSB but with just a couple of changes to adpat to the different shapes of the hulls. The original explosions in GSB are more or less the same explosion sequences for the same ship class, so variety may be slight changes in the location of those explosions ¬¬

The Order have finally started to show off their new technology :slight_smile:

but there aren’t any news about when new hulls will be fully functional D:
(I need to rework that tractor generator ¬¬)

[size=85]It’s being hard for me building ships which aren’t…

ABOMINATIONS! XD[/size]

I think that this will be awesome
*downloads

In my opinion, empire ships that aren’t round look strange.

Yep, sorry man, but the Dictator is horrible, looks like a big junk, sry. Oh same thing with the Onager, but it looks oK…
I recommend you change the hull of the Dictator, really…
ALL the other stuff is great!

Unfortunately, for all the people who don’t like them, I will never touch their sprites. They are another artist’s work, not mine. Its not ethic messing around with them without permission and I won’t be the one doing that, even if I was allowed.

Also, 3xper1ment4l wasn’t made to fill the races with more ships with the same classic shapes :stuck_out_tongue:

just modded it for cruisers

[config]
unlockcost = 0
lockable = 0
armour_penetration = 22
category = "WEAPONS"
classname = "SIM_MissileModule"
cost = 48
crew_required = 0
damage = 45
description = "Tired of watching a swarm of fighters tearing apart your fleet due to your crew's accuaracy? Thanks to the latest AI we've created you can take down anything with a 99% chance of hit."
fire_interval = 350
flareuvid = 3
fuel = 1800
guiname = "Cruiser Automated AF Missile Launcher"
has_decoys = 0
has_flare = 2
hitpoints = 10
icon = turret
max_range = 950
min_range = 100
missilelength = 2.0
missilespeed = 0.73
missilewidth = 1.0
name = "exp_Cruiser_fed_auto_af_missile"
powerconsumed = 4.3
restricted = "federation"
shield_penetration = 12
size = "CRUISER"
slot_type = TURRET
sound = data/sounds/missile_launch.ogg
soundvolume = 0.35
trail_fade_time = 600
tracking_speed = 18
turnspeed = 6.2
turret_sprite = "turret_miss_v1"
turretsize = 0
warhead = EXPLOSIVE
weight = 6.5
uisortpos = 1055

[dataitems]
0 = cost,DECIMAL
1 = weight,DECIMAL
2 = hitpoints,DECIMAL
3 = powerconsumed,DECIMAL
4 = max_range,DECIMAL
5 = damage,DECIMAL
6 = fire_interval,INTEGER
7 = tracking_speed,DECIMAL
8 = shield_penetration,DECIMAL
9 = armour_penetration,DECIMAL
10 = fuel,DECIMAL
11 = missilespeed,DECIMAL
12 = crew_required,INTEGER
13 = min_range,DECIMAL
14 = has_decoys,BOOL

Welcome to the modding forum Green Dragon ^^

I had already planned adding new anti-fighter weapons for cruisers and they are being finished in the version I’m working on (non-DLC races versions). Also, with Federation I’m aiming to have a bit of variety with their weapons, that means I’ll try to avoid having every ship class with the same weapon like “Automated AF missiles”. Cruisers use a high tracking Autocannon which isn’t a copy of the kinetic Tribe Autocannon (this one uses bullets).

Mmm, I think your suggestion would need a bit of balancing to be something that is used in cruisers. weight = 6.5 is a bit too low for cruisers, the same about the cost. Also, the 0 crew needs to be compensated somewhere with increased power cosumption, high cost or massive weight. I don’t recommend having high shield penetration in AF weapons, you aren’t supposed to be taking down frigate’s shields with anti-fighter weaponry.
It’s not bad for being one of your first modded modules, I remember doing way more OP stuff when I started a year ago :slight_smile:

If people want to suggest more weapons/modules for 3xper1ment4l, I’ll accept them if I think they fit with what I have planned for the mod and I haven’t done it yet :slight_smile:

As I’m posting, I’ll put the actual changelog. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to code the missing hulls and the changelog only shows the new content when I consider it finished (that includes modules I think are balanced and that explains the lack of destroyer modules).

[code]v0.30

• Added in the GUI name of all modules the name of the race that uses that module

• Tidied up the chaotic code of the modules

• Fixed a few ‘typos’ around there

• Added prefix 'exp ’ in all ship sprites

• Changes in ‘Corvette Automated AF Missile Launcher (Federation)’:
    · Increased crew requirement form 0 to 1

• Changes in ‘Frigate Shotgun Cannon (Rebel)’:
    · Added line num_submunitions = 6

• Changes in ‘Fighter Machine Gun (Rebel)’:
    · Changed sound from “86321_tcpp_mish9.wav” to “37236_Shades_Gun_Pistol_one_shot.wav”
    · Changed sound volume from 0.25 to 0.65

• Added ‘Corvette Armour (Rebel)’ for fighters

• Added ‘Corvette Armour II (Rebel)’ for fighters

• Added ‘Corvette Lightweight Armour (Rebel)’ for fighters

• Added ‘Corvette Crew Module (Rebel)’ for fighters

• Added ‘Corvette Crew Module II (Rebel)’ for fighters

• Added ‘Corvette Crew Module III (Rebel)’ for fighters

• Added ‘Corvette Engine (Rebel)’ for fighters

• Added ‘Corvette Engine II (Rebel)’ for fighters

• Added ‘Cruiser Autocannon (Federation)’ for cruisers[/code]
    I could get v0.30 out if at least I finish all the corvette modules for Rebels. Just power cores and shields left.
    I may give a try to 123stw idea of modules with massive cost and the destroyer hulls having a big negative cost boost.
    It shouldn’t cost me much to finish the missing hulls ¬¬

hmm…

is there still gonna b updates here?

or is this mod abandoned already?

I will try to answer that, in this moment Sirjamon is studying for several tests, seems like he will be back in february…
He said something about upgrades for his mod, so, AFAIK, this mod is not dead, just stopped.