[MOD] The Plague v1.0

It may take Praetors a while to sufficiently “re-praetorialize” his failing internet connection…

O noes! [-amused snort-]

Well, take a big dose of Pepto-Bismol, or run a couple hundred laps around the track, or read the collective works of Alfred E. Neuman [-rolls eyes-], or do whatever you need to get your guts in order and develop some patience. :stuck_out_tongue:

Please state the nature of the medical emergancy

I have just the thing for you:

• Head across to this thread
  • Download the Bug Parts (Courtesy of Machine from the BSF forum)
  • Build some bug ships
  • Post your designs here.

Before you know it, you will have some custom bug ships which could be part of a Zero Day DLC (which seem to be all the rage)

I loled so hard :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry Flypaste, but Praetors hasn’t sent me any ship hulls yet, which certainly means he hasn’t coded them which certainly means he won’t be praetorializing anything for a day or seven :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: 5 mintues later still loling:P

Superb, Darkstar; now I have to read your post in Robert Picardo’s/the EMH’s wonderfully sarcastic voice… that does stand for “Emergency Modding Hologram,” right? :smiley:

A most constructive idea. Flypaste, you shouldn’t die yet; this gent’s advice holds your solution.

At this present rate of speed, I think it’s more apt to be considered Day Minus-30 DLC. Poor Praetors is marooned while trying to re-wire his broadband modem with paperclips and chewing gum, while Flypaste is on the launching pad and ready to go to warp (fuelled by incredible haste) even without a spaceship around him. :smiley:

Better make that Day Minus-60 DLC. Oh, and Flypaste…make it a big bottle of Pepto-Bismol. :wink:

IDK why this whole thing is so funny, but I am seriously LOLing here. If I had even one-quarter of the time that some of these young dudes have to burn, I would have had the updates (plural) to my Classic Dreadnoughts mod done eons ago. Yes, I’m man enough to admit to a tinge of envy, colored by wistful resignation. [-sigh-]

And, like Kalthaniell, I’m still LOLing too. :smiley: Praetors, Flypaste, it’s not personal; it’s just the whole wacky situation. Carry on as best as you can.

LOL

Well, this is not good, looks like i’m getting premission errors that cut my uploads before completing them… the main problem of the whole thing is that i dont have internet at home anymore, then i have to use public wi-fi connections, like in university… but looks like i need some special permission to upload a file with an higher than X size…

My last hope is my grandparents internet conection… but no pressure :stuck_out_tongue:

why do you not have internet THAT’S A REQUIREMENT THESES DAYS

My F****** parents just cutted it… i told them that that was ridiculous, mainly cuz i have to stay connected to university in some way when i’m not there, but seems like they dont understand that part, if they see me touching a PC, they are not happy…

Praetors, I’m going to step aside from my role as a fellow player and modder of GSB, and offer you some well-intentioned advice for this real-world problem you’re presently stuck with…

All joking or purely game-based info aside, I honestly find that to be really disturbing. It’s like having them shut down your lungs because they think you’re breathing too much. O.o

As for the frequency that you are seen at home “touching a PC”, well, if they constantly see you doing nothing but modding this game, that’s not going to strengthen your argument about needing unrestricted internet and computer access for university. However, personal computing is no longer anywhere near the rare or purely hobby-based thing that it was 25 years ago – it’s not yet universal, but in your age demographic (say, 18-25 years old) it basically is universal, largely because of time spent doing classwork for university as well as advanced degrees beyond that.

Obviously, I have no clue how computer-literate your parents are, and it seems as if they might be acting out of a misguided sense of parental duty to you because they feel that you’re using the computer “too often”, and of course “everybody knows” that such use is “never a good thing”.

After all, Praetors, “don’t young people go insane if they use a computer more than one hour per day? I saw that on a television talk-show, and it was some fancy expert I never heard of who said this. I can’t even remember the expert’s name and cannot recognize him in a small group of 5 people even if you threatened me with a gun to my head, but since he was an expert he’s clearly correct and your parents are wise to take his advice.”

( Yes, the quotation marks above are placed there to describe extreme sarcasm :slight_smile: )

I highly suggest you engineer things such that they do NOT see you modding AT ALL in the near future. I’m not saying “don’t mod”; instead, “don’t be seen modding by others”. :wink: Again, make the argument to your parents that zero internet access is hurting your studies. I cannot see how lack of net access is NOT an obstacle to your education! Can you get another adult member of your extended family on “your side”, to help convince your parents that their action is hurting you more than helping you? Be careful how you do that, though; if badly handled, it could explode in your face.

I’ve used PCs my whole life, sometimes for good reasons, and sometimes just for fun, i’m a 20 years old guy that started to use PCs since i have memory, obviously just for fun most of that time :stuck_out_tongue:
Internet became critical for my life a decade ago, gaming the main fun source (but not the best, i have to say), it was not since a few years ago that internet and everything what it means started to be a true learning tool for me, more exactly cuz i learned english (most of it :P), almost entirely, thanks to gamer-to-gamer conversations in online games.

In short, i’m a normal 20 years old guy with anti-gamer parents. They took a very common decision when looking at the gaming part, but very stupid when talking about the other non-gaming/modding uses that i give to internet.

Ah, okay i understand why everything is so slow. MY parents are promoting my use of the computer. I’m 13 with an 800$ computer all to myself.

Yeah, I had a similar problem a decade ago, but I managed to explain and teach my parents the truth about PCs and the internet and all the amazing benefits (aka pretty obvious and mundane now, but not ten years ago…) it can have on ones life. Luckily they were open-minded and not ignorant of logic. Sure, it’s true that even the greatest tool can be used irresponsibly, but it’s up to the person who is using it -not the tool itself. You are 20 years old, you should be well aware of what do you want to do, your parents can only advise you at this point - they can’t decide anything for you. If you are living with them, and they are paying the bills, than sure, it’s up to them if you can and how you can use thier PC.

But they can’t forbid you from buying and using your own PC and internet access -that’s just wrong man. Your parents aren’t some kind of religious fanatics, I hope? :confused:

What religon would ban computers? Besides huderites(?), I think.

Do you mean Hutterite . . ? If wiki can be believed, they seem to technology but its moderated. Anyways, this has little to do with the Plague Mod.

I hope you are able to reach an agreement with your parents Praetors.

And i am promoting that you use that $800 computer to try your hand at moding and build some bug ship :slight_smile:

Progress Report:

> Plague Deadly Scream weapon added with new visual and audio FX.
> Plague Fire Breath weapon added, both of these weapons are based on Praetorian “Deadly Flash” and “Rift Projectors”, but with some major changes.
> Plague Replicating Bomb added, it uses an X16 missile based module, looks pretty nice, even when it misses xD
> Module count is 27, but i want to reach 30 or 40

Pics pending, sorry, VERY short of time right now -.-

NO TIME FOR PICS! MO’ MODULES AND SHIPS!

I understand that you’re eager to sample the fruits of Praetors’ creation, and that you’re also a noob here. Nothing wrong with either of those two things.

However, you are acting really pushy and that’s something I don’t appreciate. Lose the all-caps style and dial down your impatient demands. We all know Praetors is modding as fast as he can; he’s busy with his university classes and they’re definitely much more important than keeping you entertained when you are bored.

Just wanted to say that no problems back here, this guy reminds to my own noob times xD
(no need to say that i’m not wanting to contradict Astro’s words or even clo… banned)
Joke, without Astro’s surveillance this forum would be filled with “things that most of people dont like” to not say several things like SPAM in LARGE quantities.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also, i wanted to say that last graphical files are knocking Kalthie’s inbox door. (uploading worked[size=50], at last for gosh sake![/size])
EDIT2: Wow, just noticed that this mod is about to reach a half of the views that Praetorian Ind Mod got on its whole creation procces (even with the low ammount of status updates…) ,or some of you is going crazy with F5, (cough cough flypaste cough cough) or this second project is attracting the attention of guests that played PI Mod. =D

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Praetors. :slight_smile: Believe me, there’s more going on around here than is generally known to the average forum member, and even keeping a relatively low-activity website clean and useful is not as easy as it might seem.

And while we were all noobs once, I will not allow anyone to harrass or annoy others on this forum (either thoughtlessly or intentionally).

Best of luck to you in advancing the progress of the Plague. Hopefully your weekends give you a little more time for modding than your weekdays do.

Thanks sir, about that, the next 3 weeks are going to be filled with mind-blowing/busting stuDYING routines… final exams are coming and i’m already paying for some of those “lazy moments” that i had in the year…
However, dont go crazy [size=30]flypaste[/size], i will try to get this mod working as fast as university lets me deal with it, hopefully in a realatively short time.

Yes, i remember last year when you were stuDYING [-chuckle-] and you talked about how you were distracted by modings.
(The temptation to do something other than studying is always a problem.)

::Suggestion::
If you think you will not have the disipline to focus on study and feel that reading the forums will be to much of a temptation
You can request a ban to be placed on you until you have finished your exams . . To lift the ban, just send an email :slight_smile:

Anyways - Study hard and i hope you will find the exams easy this year :slight_smile:
Good luck