[Mod] Xedilco Mirror War is Here! (Dl pg8 only!)

Updated First post. Whit detailed information

Time for assault!

Debugging!
Recapitulation of the mod:
“3” Fighters hulls [2]
“4” Frigates hulls [5]
“6” Cruiser hulls [6]
One bonus hull for Federation
5 exclusive module
2 encounter

Normally, no need of other mod

Hey there,

I have downloaded and also applyed the hotfix, it loads but once I try to edit the ships it give a race not found error and crashes. I’m looking into it and will post what I find .

my game crashes when i try to play a battle

!!!

^^’

It come from the “Select all” function!
You have to select manually the code.

Sorry for the little problem -.-’

I have used the select all buttion, and copyed and pasted myself still I get errors. Also I can not see anything differant between the two the unzipped file and then code above. To me they are the same thing.

I don’t understand!
I haven’t any error in my own!

What exactly is the error message?
(The hotfixe what a little text correction…)

Edit:
Little question, have you the Swarm expansion pack? I didn’t use it normally but I have a “bad feeling”…

Edit2:
Forget the question… (Test with all add-on unactived)

ERROR:
unknown module:…\src\SIM_ship.cpp 381

i never used the select all function

Can you test this for me?
Just delete the “Xedilco” folder first.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NLN93I16
THX

Yeah, why not? but…
Megaupload: “link temporary deactivated”

27/10/2010 - 22::17 - Failed to find race:…\src\SIM_Race.cpp 130

Same think over and over again. . .
I have gone over hte race file, the ship files, the new missions. And I have no clue as to why this will happen. The game WILL load up but once i go into ship design and try to change ships the game crashes withthe above error.

This noirmaly mean there is something worng witht he race file or shils location files but I can not seam to find this error even with the new debug files. Are you forgeting something that is on your pc that allows it to run just fine? I did something like that also with my eve-online mod when I was testing the instal files on a second pc.

Failed to find race:…\src\SIM_Race.cpp 130
???
More time pass, less I understand!

Try to delete the module, the scenario, the ship and the deployments folder, please.

ok stupid me, I had some files in the main program hull sections from unity that i did not delete out. i have it workign as far as my part. I will keep playing around now.

[size=150]EDIT: I fixed it and it works just fine now, thanks.[/size]

So…
Praetors, are you sure the error came from my mod?
To test it, delete the “xedilco.txt” in the “installs” folder of the “data” folder.
THX

(I can’t release the mod again until I know if it is really my mod who crash your game.)

P.S. have you the URL of the first release, I stupidly lose it ^^’

this is the first… i think xD
megaupload.com/?d=VG4X6CQJ

uhh… my gsb does not work, i already removed your mod, but now gsb still not working… I’m checking what happens, i have many mods installed:
Ancients
starwars
hisvoice
tauri
experimental
scarvenger
legios

EDIT: well, when i remove ALL your mod, including the ships what i make with it, my gsb came back to life.

EDIT2: i think i find the problem… is the frigate module “shield healer” or something like that. i just can’t use it, is v1.47 needed? im using 1.37…

Just a sugestion here, You can do what I have done. I have two GSB installed one that only have offical content, and then another that has player mods on it. that why if something goes screwy you can just copy and past the offical content back over the modded files and start all over. That is what I ended up having to do to get mine working once more. THAT or have a second pc that you can use kinda like a backup plan. As far as it goes with me the mod works just fine! Maybe a little overpowered against the offical content, but they have yet to meet the Caldari and have a true test of overpoweredness for both mods.

Ok, the Fighter “Shield battery” module need 1.47. Remember it for later…

Overpowered? Can you explain?

My current fleets that I used to defent the new DLC maps would not work against them, they kept getting blown up WAAAAYYY to fast. They just hit too hard as I have had fully armored ship getting killed far faster than what they shuld have been getting killed.

the only weapon what is too much overpowered is the machinegun, i have the Flamberge fully equiped with them and is veryveryvery…[size=85]10 min later[/size]…veryveryvery powerfull xD

I really like the machinegun,and to see the space full of bullets, specially if the ships are far… that give me a idea, GATC, can you make a “Fully automatic sniper” or “Artillery Laser” for your race? i mean, a machinegun with very high range, maybe 1200, high rate of fire and very low damage, high energy consumption, but low quantity of crew required (Snipping AI). I will love a weapon like that, spamming the space betwen 2 cruisers, or more… :smiley:

oh, and thx for the info, that backup idea is great xD

What is the difficulty?
If it’s the expert one, I thing give to them 1.4 time your credits available is a little far too high ^^’

It is THE DPS cruiser! But, I thing I will reduce size=50[/size] the fire-power of the machinegun, but I don’t understand, the machingun dps is inferior to the cruiser laser dps (In long duration combat)

P.S. The Flamberge equipped with any heavy weapons do a lot of damage!

Very nice… I see that BSF is starting to seep into GSB now, can’t wait for some crazy stuff.